Leave him a bushel of peaches.
I feel if I lived next door to a cartoonist, especially one of the calibre of Ms. Lay, I would be very circumspect in my activities. Why leave one note on my windscreen if she can leave all of them here?
Good Point!!! I wish everyone realized this message; thank you, Carol.
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. — Samuel Johnson
You don’t have to write anything. Just take it down and destroy it. Repeatedly, if you have to. Worst case, if you’re caught doing it, a small fine. I’m sure you could crowdsource a bigger fine if it became necessary.
I have neighbors like this, too. My imaginary notes usually say something like You’ve fallen in love with a man who wears orange makeup and spends an hour each day doing his hair. You’d disown your son if he did that!
His behavior and physical appearance and actions are consistent with a form of dementia. He Trump is a sick, angry, delusional old man.
A flamethrower would do far less damage to the Stars and Stripes than Cheetolini and his cultists have already done.
One upside is that you know where & who these people are and therefore can more easily avoid them.
Wait…. He harrassed you with a drone? Carol, please, do something. Even the polite one about the dirty word is fine.
I have three of these in my neighborhood. I’m using their banners as a marker as to who to avoid at all costs in my neighborhood from now on. I figure that if they support an insurrectionist with no ethics they themselves are the same sort and cut from the same cloth. But yeah I’m sorely tempted to break out the flame thrower. (And oddly enough I own one. It’s designed for weed killing but it would work just fine for banner burning)
Hey, at least he’s still flying the Stars and Stripes. The Capitol rioters last week threw down the American flag and hung the Trump one in its place, which tells you how much they actually love this country.
Best course of action is to ignore it. Overt actions will only convince him or her that there is a conspiracy against them adding energy to their supposed cause.
The problem with any of these actions is that someone like that probably has more firearms than you’d ever own, and could very easily choose to take even your approaching his car to leave a note as an excuse to “stand his ground.” I don’t want to lose you, Ms. Lay.
Every one of those notes were perfect. I go through these trains of thought every time I pass the neighbor who still hasn’t taken down his lawn full of Trump signs, concluding it wouldn’t be worth my time & effort. But I never fail to give them the bird, regardless of if the blinds are up or down.
I sort of like all the flags and red hats. They warn sane people whom we should avoid.
Box #12 should be you shaking hands with your neighbor agreeing to disagree. Let’s end the intense hatred today.
My dad always complained, “We have to play by the rules.”
I never expected Lay Lines to be the first GoComics strip (as opposed to editorial cartoon) to comment on the mayhem. I thought the deadline was at least a week. Good thing.
Anyway, it’s clear to me that many of these people just live for getting us agitated. Don’t give them the satisfaction.
The people I call Trump’s gullibles have basically been brain washed and I know something about that subject. There is nothing you can say or do that will bring them back to reality. We can thank Murdoch’s Fox “News”, Jone’s “Infowars”, Bannon and others for that. Trying to engage these people will be like throwing gasoline on a fire. It’s best to just ignore it. Don’t let it upset you, if you do let it upset you, they win.
I didn’t vote for Trump, I voted Libertarian. I will never vote for a democrat. I don’t like seeing all the Biden signs around, but I don’t cause trouble or make a big deal about it. They have a right to their opinion/vote, as do I. I don’t like the hatred and animosity in this country…seems like we can’t get along anymore. You don’t have to take his flag down (theft). You don’t have to say anything/do anything. You can “love your neighbor as yourself” like the Bible asks us to. You can pray for your neighbor, our leaders, our country. Yes, I’m a Christian. I will still read your comic, even tho I don’t always agree with your views.
get a cast net and toss it when the drones come around.
Time will reduce him and his followers to their proper place in history – a small footnote under the biography of Benedict Arnold…
First, let me state, I am not a Trump fan and never have been. I am an independent voter. I refuse to blindly follow either party over the cliff. I voted for Trump because I could not abide Hillary. Trump reminds me of Marty McFly in BTTF. Call him chicken and he cannot refuse the dare. He tweets too much and is far too emotional. That said, he accomplished many good things, especially with the economy, in spite of the hatred that stated with calls for impeachment before he was sworn in.
What so many far left progressive liberals fail completely to understand is this has next to nothing to do with Trump!
1. Trump did nothing to incite the riot.
2. Of the people that showed up it was in the words of CNN “mostly a Peaceful Protest”. A few bad apples ruined it for the many.
3. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRUMP! Many conservatives did not like Trump but there was no other choice except Hillary.
- This is about the far left progressives taking away our rights more and more everyday. Nobody except an extreme liberal would deny there was voter fraud, the only question is how much and would it have made a difference.
- We will never know as the liberal judges shut down and denied any investigation. All ballots were mixed up and now cannot be separated. In Georgia, the judge that ruled against any investigation was Stacy Abrams sister!!!! Talk about conflict of interest.
4. This is about a country already under stress with the Covid-19 virus. The virus itself has turned into a liberal vs conservative football.
- The democrat governors continue to further erode our rights. Our right to worship, to assemble. By proxy we are losing our right to free speech as left leaning organizations like Apple, Google, and Amzaon take down conservative platforms like Parler. (Removed from Apple and Google stores and phones unless auto update was turned off. Amazon removed Parler from its servers last night at midnight.)
- The Washington DC mayor has forbidden any people assembling in any fashion for 15 days, after the inauguration.
- Joe and Kamala have well announced platforms to take people’s guns away. In their ignorance they appear to be defining “assault weapon” as any semi-automatic firearm. If this happens, they will effectively disarm America as only revolvers, some shotguns, some bolt action rifles and a very few 22 rifles will be permitted. Their gun registration violates the 5th Amendment and the courts have ruled so but once the liberals pack the SCOTUS, they will do as they please.
- Joe Biden admits to his role in firing the Ukrainian prosector (bragged about it on a tv interview).
A few people went far too far but it was not an insurrection or coup. Nobody has seen a coup or insurrection with only a handful of firearms present. For the vast many, it was a non-violent peaceful protest, except for a few.
What this is about is the very real concerns of conservatives losing their inalienable rights and the far far left progressives taking completely control.
If Nancy was smart she would drop the impeachment and 25th Amendment foolishness and let Trump walk out the door. If she proceeds as she says, she will only cause more discontent and unrest.
Hi, Ms Lay. You’re having a difficult time with some comments, yes? I’m sorry. Trump supporters treasure being true believers above facts or country. I have a Trump supporter on my side of the street. I shovel his walk for him: He doesn’t mention in summer than my lawn is so crappy that dandelions won’t even grow in it. Make some soup. Have a candy bar for dessert.
Stoke the flams, get a fire. Cry election fraud, get a mob of magamorons.
The note about the delusional ones fit very well.