I’m gonna get Greenland and Denmark, Denmark is going to pay for it!
. . . Suggested “symptoms” of Affluenza:
1. Shopping FeverFact: On average, Americans shop six hours a week and spend only 40 minutes playing with their children.
What is the lure of shopping and material possessions?What kinds of pressures do you feel to “keep up with the Joneses”?
2. Chronic Stress“We hear the same refrain all the time from people. I have no life….I get home at night, there’s laundry, bills to pay….I’m exhausted, I go to sleep, I wake up and the routine begins the next day all over again.” – Gerald Celente, Trends Research Institute
How has this “work-spend” treadmill affected your life and those of your loved ones?
3. HypercommercialismFact: By the age of 20, the average American has seen a million commercials. In addition, advertising accounts for 2/3 of the space in our newspapers and 40 percent of our mail.
How does advertising affect your life and buying habits? What advertisements especially affect you? Why?
4. Material Girls and Boys “Anti-social behavior in pursuit of a product is a good thing.” – Marketing Consultant
How does it make you feel that corporations are targeting so much advertising at kids? What messages do you think they are getting from ads? Should schools (hallways as well as curriculum materials) be ad-free zones? Why or why not?
How can we help kids resist the seductive pressure of advertising?
5. A Rash of BankruptciesFact: In 1997, more than 1.1 million Americans declared personal bankruptcy, more than graduated from college.
How have credit cards made it possible for us to spend beyond our means? Imagine if you didn’t have credit cards. How would that alter your spending habits?
6. Fractured FamiliesFact: In 90 percent of divorce cases, arguments about money play a prominent role.
How do materialism and other money issues create conflict in your family? How can family members work together to overcome this and build stronger bonds?
7. Social ScarsFact: The gap between the rich and poor in the U.S. is the widest in any industrial country.
How does Affluenza contribute to this gap?What are some of the ways the gap between rich and poor affects us individually and as a society?
8. Resource ExhaustionFact: Since 1950, Americans have used more resources than everyone who ever lived before them.
Developing countries would like to consume as much as Americans do. How can we present a different role model to the world to help secure a sustainable future for the generations to come? How can we encourage corporations to produce more environmentally-sound products?
9. Prevention and CureFact: Studies suggest the Earth could sustain a standard of living nearly as comfortable as our own for every human being. But that would demand social as well as personal change.
Could you live a contented life with fewer material possessions? What would make this possible? What personal and social changes would you be willing to consider making or helping to make?
How can we encourage corporations to be more responsible to global needs rather than profits?
The Tangerine Palpatine has totally lost what little mind he had left after the Adderall and Cocaine Addictions, his untreated Syphilis, and his Alzheimer’s Disease.
If your grand father yelled at people and acted arbitrarily and said all of the little brown children should be locked up and then he called the leader of Denmark “nasty” for not selling him Greenland, you would at least take the car keys away from him.
Ever notice how much the movie “Network” is eerily similar to Trump and his sycophants? Scary.
Children are better behaved.
When is the GOP going to stand up to the resident and say enough is enough with this insanity? When is the House of Representatives going to start impeachment ? article 25 proceedings? anything to stop this insanity!
Not only is he the Chosen One, he has done so much for Israel that they consider him the King of the Jews. And we already know that he is the Saviour of America, making it great again.
“I want the Sudetenland…” is how it starts…
C’mon Trump…up the offer and they’ll change their tune. You went in at chump change. I don;t blame Mette for her insulting comments because your offer was insulting. Double it and work up from there at the table. Duh!
Thank you so much, Republicans, for giving us an ADHD-afflicted 9-year-old as President.
By the way, check out the “Speech” he made in Kentucky. He’s OBVIOUSLY had another stroke….Touting the US military’s global pre-eminence, Mr Trump appeared to repeatedly struggle with the word “forces”, before mangling the name of Douglas MacArthur, a prominent Second World War general.
“The members of our armed forcef (sic) I, and you understand that very well – the members of our armed forcer (sic) have always lived by the word of Douglas Magarth (sic): ‘In war, there is no substitute for victory’."
Trump MAY be the “Chosen One”, but chosen by who?
The good news is that 3 of the 4 pictured will probably grow up to be responsible adults. The bad news is that we’re stuck with the developmentally retarded orange toddler for at least the next year and a half. Longer if enough people don’t get out and vote in 2020!
I’m informed by at least a few actual factual supporters of the bottom right baby that they are all ROFLing about how the idiot liberals actually took him seriously about this. And I do kinda see their point. But then I remember how seriously he takes the wall and wonder…
This is ALL WRONG!!! Look who has the smallest mouth in the bunch!
April 12, 2017
May 10, 2018
July 06, 2017
August 01, 2017