apologies – don’t know why comic has come up like this …
Fix it! Fix it!
Answering the yesterday past dynasty post of SmEldo of Appa-latch-ia, who misses King Coal…
~ I have seen coal. On our trip some time back me ’n Whisperflicker were on the highway going up to Pittsburgh. At a major rest stop when you first come over from W. Virginia, is a museum of sorts with large photos of the inside of coal mines, actual tools and of course, actual coal hunks that you can touch.
They were doing household coal deliveries in the ’30s and ’40s in Buffalo and no doubt many other places. My dad remembers it coming in through a basement window from where you did the shoveling. Our first owned home in Eggertsville (NY), had on old coal burning rig that had been converted over to natural gas. That thing was big and nearly completely filled the cubby it was in. Some years later circa 1970, a new furnace went in that was about a third the size and made plenty of heat.
Monday Is Cat Day!!
Bonus Bunnies for Monday!!!
It’s hard being black.
I hope they clear up the goof-up here so we can see the rest of the comic!
Christmas Card Day. I haven’t started on my Christmas cards yet. I’ve received one so far. But I have to work so I won’t really have time to work on Christmas cards. Maybe I can get started on them on Tuesday.
Weary Willie Day. Weary Willie was a clown made famous by Emmet Kelly who was born on this date in 1898. Back then, white-faced goofy clowns were the norm and his sad, downtrodden clown character didn’t fit the formula most circuses were looking for. But times & attitudes changed with the Great Depression and people were able to relate with the sad Weary Willie character like never before and he went on to become an American icon.
National Pastry Day. I’d love some pastry! A nice apple turnover sounds good to me.
Oh No! :(
BBEAR’s Monday posts:
1. It’s Monday morning: You can either retire (ahem_) or sleep through them (_like a cat).
2. It’s Monday morning: “I don’t wanna wake up!”
3. Cat residence on the block?
4. Do you suffer from the 2 AM glares? It’s not medically serious, it just means you own a hungry pet.
5. Ninja skills level: expert. (Watch where you sit in this house.)
6. Ninja skills level: expert. (Expert winter huntress.)
7. Are your cats part of your family to you?
8. Reason #1 for not working from home: attention starved pets.
9. The diva prepares to exit stage right. (It’s a major production.)
10. The mighty tiger stalks and claims it’s prey (sort of).
11. When you live in the country you sometimes see interesting things on your porch.
12. Today’s quotation (and good feeling).
13. Are you ready for Christmas? This family’s cat is.
Gee, thanks for letting us know! Not every creator checks on every strip…
Must be Monday!
@Graham Harrop . . . . . Can you put today’s strip on FB and one of us (Bbear, Mary, etc) will post the link here?
Lily obviously went nuclear about Santa and blew up most of the cartoon, today. She really needs a chill pill.
Too-much Excitement Department:
! Just had the City Police, one on each Entrance, answer a call for a crazy Guy in a red Car, er, HAT, who was pounding on the Library Doors and yelling [this being 40 minutes before opening], but He disappeared right before They arrived. Everybody was cowered in the back Hall and Office for a bit—didn’t feel a whiff of Stockholm syndrome tho.
! It would be nice to have a back-up source for the Comic—say maybe It runs in a [Bricks and Mortar] Newspaper and has a linc.
Fun and frolic in my yard yesterday. The second vid captures an acorn thief.
I’m hoping they’ll fix it tomorrow so we can come back & read it.
Great pictures today. :)
Too bad we can’t see today’s comic. I’m sure it’s quite good. On another note, saw a bird flying while out walking today. I’m not sure what kind it was due to it being a bit foggy, but I think it might have been a hawk.