FoxTrot Classics by Bill Amend

FoxTrot Classics

Comments (16) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. Bruno Zeigerts

    Bruno Zeigerts said, over 1 year ago

    Looks like her fish idea tanked.

  2. dukedoug

    dukedoug said, over 1 year ago

    … begin again !!

  3. IamJayBluE

    IamJayBluE GoComics PRO Member said, over 1 year ago

    “Hey, Paige, water you up to?”

  4. kroykali

    kroykali said, over 1 year ago

    When I was a young teen, my parents bought me an aquarium from the pet store, complete with fish. What the overzealous salesman didn’t tell them is, you should let the new water in the aquarium sit for several days or a week before introducing fish into it. Some lived, some died.

  5. kittenpah

    kittenpah said, over 1 year ago

    @kroykali

    …or use bottled water.

  6. daniel_bel

    daniel_bel said, over 1 year ago

    @kroykali

    Bulls..t. I have been raising numerous species of fish for 38 years and water is fine as it is from tap after 30 minutes, the minimum time you need to arrange decor inside.
    Some new fish die, others not, and it’s related to what the seller has put into their water before (antibiotics, tranquilizers or sleeping drugs etc..) and also stress from moving. All the rest is sales pitch to avoid reimbursement.

  7. Doctor11

    Doctor11 GoComics PRO Member said, over 1 year ago

    Paige should’ve set up in her bedroom, silly girl.

  8. Night-Gaunt49

    Night-Gaunt49 said, over 1 year ago

    No, you reverse what you have done then move it up the stairs.

  9. kroykali

    kroykali said, over 1 year ago

    @daniel_bel

    Ok, it’s bulls..t. Thanks for correcting me.

  10. Nun'Ya Bidness

    Nun'Ya Bidness said, over 1 year ago

    @daniel_bel

    It must be nice having city water that doesn’t have overdoses of chlorine and fluoride, and other chemicals, in it.
    .
    Sure, chlorine will evaporate in a day or so, but fluoride is a registered toxin. It cannot help you teeth by drinking it. In small doses, it’s a sedative and will make your teeth worse.
    .
    I use well water that I’ve had tested to make sure it’s ok for me and my fish. I get a little sand in it, but that settles out in a few hours.

  11. David Henderson

    David Henderson said, over 1 year ago

    I have been told NEVER to change all the water in an aquarium at once. First let the tap water set for at least 30 minutes to an hour and then take maybe like 1/2 a gallon out of lest say a 15 gallon tank and then put in the 1/2 gallon of fresh water. To change the whole 15 gallons should be done over a number of days like a week or so. That is what I have been told.

  12. Rickapolis

    Rickapolis said, over 1 year ago

    A cubic foot of water is 62.4 lbs. Salt water a little more. In other words – HEAVY.

  13. aint_lost

    aint_lost said, over 1 year ago

    @daniel_bel

    Pretty darn rude and wrong. I can start a new tank and not lose a single fish. Removing chemicals in the water and adding proper bacterica levels to control harmful spikes. and a few other tricks. Anyone starting a new tank research first and don’t take a new fish home until you research that specifc fish.

  14. daniel_bel

    daniel_bel said, over 1 year ago

    I agree with the species research part, but drinkable water is fine to any fish in any quantity after half an hour to let excess chlorine evaporate. I have raised and sold thousands of fish and never lost significant quantities in brand new (refurbished) tanks. Fish, if not genetically degenerated by interbreeding are very tolerant animals. If the temperature is OK they will survive about anything.
    The problems lie mainly in how they were handled by the person before you. Sick fish will die.

  15. water_moon

    water_moon GoComics PRO Member said, over 1 year ago

    @daniel_bel

    Chlorine matters! It’s by products (chloroform for one) do NOT all evaporate quickly and are known carcinogins, the EPA regulates their levels in an attempt to keep them reasonable but NON-chlorinated water is way more harmful (think thypus and cholera.)
    .
    Look trihalomethanes up, or better yet, go to the CDC’s website http://www.cdc.gov/safewater/chlorination-byproducts.html

    I found out the hard way after we moved here and my son had violently explosive diahreah for a month straight except when he went to visit relatives in another state. The chlorine byproduct levels are 40 times higher than our old town. The tests on my son were inconclusive, the Dr’s said that must just his form of “normal” but then we started doing a full filtration and the problemdisappeared, unless we dine out and he drinks the water….

  16. Load the rest of the comments (1).