FoxTrot by Bill Amend

FoxTrot

Comments (15) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. Bruno Zeigerts

    Bruno Zeigerts said, over 2 years ago

    Maybe he should be Dick Clark’s receptionist.
    (SNL skit.)

  2. nkbush1787

    nkbush1787 said, over 2 years ago

    Bill Amend needs to do a storyline where Peter comes out of the closet and dumps Denise…Newspaper comics today needs more gay characters!

  3. Pretzelcoatl

    Pretzelcoatl said, over 2 years ago

    Will the boy make it to first base? Will he score? Find out in Foul Ball 2: The Umpire Strikes Out.

  4. maedar

    maedar said, over 2 years ago

    He’s annoying to EVERYONE, coach. Seriously, how long have you had this job?

  5. Dr Dave

    Dr Dave said, over 2 years ago

    Boy hits ball, boy walks after ball
    pops ball in hole, puts on Green Jacket
    It gets no better

  6. 99gagtx

    99gagtx GoComics PRO Member said, over 2 years ago

    I think Bill Amend just gave Hollywood an idea for next year’s summer block buster movies.

  7. Biltil

    Biltil said, over 2 years ago

    Men have always had a love affair with their balls (um that is baseballs, basketballs, footballs…)

  8. ChessPirate

    ChessPirate said, over 2 years ago

    J.J. Abrams directs “Peter’s Story – Into Dreckness.”

  9. legaleagle48

    legaleagle48 said, over 2 years ago

    I was just going to say, seriously, nkbush1787? I’m gay, and even I would object to making Peter, Paige, Andy, or Roger gay just for the sake of having a gay character in the strip. It would feel forced and inorganic — in other words, it would be the comic-strip equivalent of jumping the shark!

  10. Tom Flapwell

    Tom Flapwell said, over 2 years ago

    @legaleagle48

    Besides, it seems to be against Bill’s policy to let the characters develop at all.

  11. Joshua

    Joshua said, over 2 years ago

    @Tom Flapwell

    That applies to almost all comics, except a few like “For Better or For Worse”.

  12. tunextgeneration

    tunextgeneration said, over 2 years ago

    that was the most confusing crap I’ve ever read.

  13. Doctor11

    Doctor11 GoComics PRO Member said, over 2 years ago

    Sadly, Peter isn’t the best ball player and this has been going on since the 1980s.

  14. Artie Adams

    Artie Adams said, over 2 years ago

    Hooray for not using a DH!

  15. Nabuquduriuzhur

    Nabuquduriuzhur said, over 2 years ago

    @nkbush1787

    With approximately 1% of the population currently identifying themselves as homosexual, the six characters that I know of at comics.com represent a much greater percentage than the population at large.
    .
    There is a more practical angle: moral implications aside, most humans simply are not interested in comics, books, movies, and other materials designed for the homosexual lobby. Part of it comes down to simple demographics. Something aimed at 1% of the population is not going to be of interest to most of the rest of the population. The result is low ratings.
    .
    For example, something aimed specifically at crochet- afficionados is not going to be of interest to most of the population.
    .
    With one exception, my books are aimed at about 36% of the population. I’d be stupid to try to market them to the other 64% who are not likely to have any interest in them.

  16. Refresh Comments.