Pulling a fire alarm would be pretty unimaginative “trouble” for a kid as creative as Calvin. I can think of lots of more interesting things that many of our “modern” school districts would probably go to “RED ALERT” about…
– Brought transmogrifier “gun” to school (zero tolerance)
– Kissed Susy (Sexual Harrassment).
– Used his time machine to prove “theory” of evolution. (enraging creationist school districts)
– Suggested that he & Hobbes should be allowed to marry. (enraging “traditional family” advocates.)
– Caught reading Catcher in the Rye or Lord of the Flies or any number of other frequently banned books.
– Asked when Sex Ed would be offered in school (enraging the “abstinence” crowd)
– Voicing his opinion that Sarah Palin is “retarded”
– Caught utilizing independent thought. (Rather than simply drinking the Kool-Aid and then regurgitating the thoughts, dogma and opinions of others.)
Yep. Throughout much of America, any one of those would probably require activation of the National Guard!