I’m so sorry that I brought back bad memories. It’s good to have a chance to remind parents not to give aspirin to little ones. The first time I heard of Reyes Syndrome was when the young son of a local radio personality died from it. It was so shocking to learn that something in the medicine cabinet of just about every family with young children had suddenly become lethal.
I love the one where Sophie notices his Tommybaum, but I guess that one might not make as much sense out of context. I also like the signs of autumn for that magnificent sun drawing. Sunday with Sophie is definitely my top favorite out of the group she chose.
He coughs up hairballs—much more dignified than horking.
Good question for a book store cat to research!
And this did provide a public service reminder to parents to keep small objects like spider rings safely away from cats and small children. Small choking hazards find their way into homes and curious kids and animals find them. Do it in a way so the kids won’t cry because you’re throwing away one of their toys!
Wild squirrels and birds are so busy finding food and a warm place to sleep at night that they don’t have time to indulge their play instincts. Their keen sense of smell would quickly let them know it’s not food and they’d move on looking for something that was.
I’m beginning to wonder if somebody put up a Facebook post urging folks to come here and complain. Can’t they see that “set it free outside” is a little white lie euphemism so the kids won’t realize they are going to throw it away? Parents do things like that to keep peace in the house.
I was beginning to think I was the only one to remember that line:) Thanks to @meowlin for the assist. Since the only folks consuming baby aspirin now are folks who need blood thinners, would the line change to “Doctor’s are like that, yeah they are.”
It’s more about our love of those impossibly tiny details Georgia manages to hide in plain sight.