A furry-faced, stereotypically absent-minded, pipe smoking professor.
Who would have thought that a power outage could be portrayed as fun. :)
Luann’s silly suggestion yesterday is clearly overcome today with this winner of a suggestion.
It is interesting to note that the power outage has THUS FAR seemingly reduced some of Shannon’s energy as well…. and she has also been displaying GREAT behavior…. helpfulness, happiness, “going-with-the-flow”, etc.
Overall a nice ending to the week’s arc.
1. We can very clearly see how Bernice does have a lot of interest in Jack.
2. At least as it currently stands, Luann really IS NOT not seeing Jack in a romantic way for her, and she also IS NOT currently starting to reconsider this option for her. I am rather surprised… but also glad, as I am not fond of Luann “re-liking” a person she has passed over…. usually only because someone else starts to show interest in him.
So, will the story continue on Monday? I am tending to think NO. I suspect we will have this just be simmering under the radar for a while until perhaps 5-6 weeks pass perhaps and Greg brings Bernice and Jack back into the forefront again.
What may the next arc be? And my preferences:
1. College classroom arc? (Unlikely, but I would very much like it to be.)
2. An arc with Tara or Nil or Piro or Dez? (VERY Unlikely, but I would very much like it to be.)
3. Tiffany at “home” or at “The Fuse”? (Possibly…. I would enjoy that.)
4. Gunther & Bets (not at the Gulag)? (Possibly…. I would enjoy that.)
5. Gunther & Bets & Les (at the Gulag)? (Possibly…. I would NOT like that.)
6. Brad, Toni, Shannon (with or without TJ)? (Possibly…. I would be OK with that.)
7. Brad & Toni…. no Shannon, no TJ? (Possibly… I would NOT like that.)
8. Tiffany & Les…. and Eifel? (Doubtful… could be interesting… or could be awful.)
9. DeGroot only arc? (VERY Unlikely….. indifferent.)
I don’t know…. I think people can be silly and banter about with each other at any age. And, with Luann knowing Berince’s “sore spots” after all these years…. it was a perfect opportunity.
The real life 20 somethings I interact with all the time behave much like this…. even about “romance” issues.
I have been MIA most of Fall due to having to make all my classes online. I was on the computer all day, every day to try to get my courses done well in the electronic format.
I came back to GoComics about a week ago….. and I AM back at Luann too, and all the comics I regularly post on. I missed everyone a lot….. but I was just too much of a cyborg during that time (I spent 12-14 hours a day trying to get classes up to snuff including weekends) to be able to be on. I think I am able to be here again regularly.
Hah, I do like how Luann slyly gets Bernice to state that she has had romantic dreams about Jack. Very clever method that was fun to see.
Bernice is visibly frustrated and aggravated…. IMO…. not so much AT Luann…. but at herself because she is not one to enjoy feeling that there are some things out of her ability to control. She is interested in Jack, but she does not know if he is interested in her in that same way… and the nebulous ambiguity of the situation (plus realizing she inadvertently revealed she has a crush on him to Luann) has her a bit on edge.
An aside…. to me, the drawing style of the lateral view (side view) of Luann seems a bit different than usual. The way her teeth are drawn in the last panel looks (to me) especially atypical. I wonder if Greg is a) experimenting a bit with new drawing styles, b) potentially using some new drawing tools, c) is having a collaborator draw a bit of Luann in today’s panels, or d) something else/none of the above.
Hah. I often fall into this same trap. :)
Sadly… I suspect the only option that will occur is the Buchanan Option.
I firmly believe that Pence and all the Republicans will use this “Buchanan Option” to give themselves enough time to read the “lay of the land” on how they will do what is best for THEMSELVES. We have seen a variety of folks “jump ship” already (like DeVos) because it is in THEIR best interest to do so.
The reality is that what has happened is truly horrid. But, damn…. it is NOT shocking, NOR surprising… it is just more of the same that tRump has done his entire four years. For all the Republicans to be acting all “hand wringingly upset” now… just feels disingenuous and self serving. The amount of horror that has occurred via tRump and the Republicans who followed him during these total FOUR YEARS…. is FAR, FAR greater in total than just what happened Wednesday afternoon. And, yet, none of them much if anything about the horrors across the four years.
Jeff was just taking him literally. :)
I like the little stories in the old churchy compilation cookbooks too! They feel real, homey, and really enhanced the books, IMO. The recipes on the websites, however, while wonderfully diverse and useful to create tasty new foods…. tend to have their writings not feel as legitimate in terms of being “homey”…. instead they tend to feel “commercial”, “salesman-like”, and sometimes a bit “pandering”.
Bread is difficult.