Tom Toles by Tom Toles

Tom Toles

Comments (29) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. Linux0s

    Linux0s said, almost 3 years ago

    That’s all you need for a “fundraiser” these days.

  2. Doughfoot

    Doughfoot said, almost 3 years ago

    While he who spends the most money usually wins the election, that isn’t always the case. It is true, however, often enough that concentrations of wealth are a real threat to the idea of self-government and small-r republicanism.

    I wonder what would be the effect if only persons who are eligible to vote in a given election were permitted to donate money to a candidate or to organizations supporting or opposing a candidate. This would eliminate donations from “persons” like corporations, who are not eligible to vote (yet), and, in congressional races, money from outside the state or district, such as that which made the recent Wisconsin recall election so hugely expensive.

  3. Rockngolfer

    Rockngolfer said, almost 3 years ago

    Remember when Romney rented a stadium and 1200 people showed up?
    http://prince.org/msg/105/376788

  4. cdward

    cdward said, almost 3 years ago

    One dollar – one vote.

  5. ODon

    ODon said, almost 3 years ago

    Mega donors don’t go to rally’s rather the candidate asks for an audience with the donor.

  6. Jase99

    Jase99 GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    I whole heartily support publicly only funded elections and a return to the debate format used by the League of Women Voters. If the candidates can’t fully express their freedom of speech without receiving outside donations or participating in real debates, they’re too stupid to run for office.

  7. Andy

    Andy said, almost 3 years ago

    Jase99, you’ve got my vote!

  8. Richard Wilkes

    Richard Wilkes said, almost 3 years ago

    @Rockngolfer

    That was Ford Field, the Detroit Lions football stadium downtown; they went to GREAT lengths to conceal the fact the stands were empty ….

  9. Night-Gaunt49

    Night-Gaunt49 said, almost 3 years ago

    @Doughfoot

    While he who spends the most money usually wins the election, that isn’t always the case.


    They only win 95% of the time. So we have the other 5% to actually represent us not the money bags.

  10. Night-Gaunt49

    Night-Gaunt49 said, almost 3 years ago

    Right now big money rules and both sides like it. So far the numbers still favor Obama but if many of those people aren’t allowed to vote in 14 states Romney could still win.

  11. JudeTheObtuse

    JudeTheObtuse GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    Above you can see hardleyquinn and loonizer busy trying to distract from the real issue. Republicans are COMPLETELY owned and operated by the profit crazed, sociopaths that run the big corporations who have now purchased the government in its entirety. Obama is no saint, either is joe biden, but the republicans have come here straight from hell and they don’t need people to come to their events because the PAC’S will take care of distorting the truth in the media and scumbuckets like harley and loon will do their best on the commentaries.

  12. braindead08

    braindead08 GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    Welcome, Mr. Mega Donor. What would you like me to draw for you on my Etch-a-Sketch? A tax cut? A new tariff? Maybe an invasion!

  13. JudeTheObtuse

    JudeTheObtuse GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    So, lacking in reality and truth, we’re not subject to gravity, or the need to breathe? If we fail to eat we will not starve? Water isn’t needed for us? We don’t have children and grandchildren that we love and care for? If you prick us, will we not bleed? We don’t have to worry about paying the mortgage or rent or have to deal with car repairs? Exactly which truth is it of which we are devoid? And this deep end from which we will fall in November…where is it exactly? Please elucidate, enlighten and guide us oh great one (with a mask for a face). Please! Share your great wisdom.

  14. dtroutma

    dtroutma GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    Maybe spending on the likes of Newt and Mitt will break the “big guys” just like “defense” spending broke both the USSR, and the USA?

  15. indieme

    indieme GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    A man of the person.

  16. Load the rest of the comments (14).