The Other Coast by Adrian Raeside

The Other Coast

Comments (7) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. Blackwolff9

    Blackwolff9 GoComics PRO Member said, over 2 years ago

    Teamsters. And I’m not sure.

  2. Benny Green

    Benny Green said, over 2 years ago

    I guess that would be 18-wheeler, and you need a CDL to drive one.

  3. ndalaff

    ndalaff said, over 2 years ago

    I’ve driven 18 wheeler cross-country and I’ve driven school bus. I’d choose to haul produce and dry goods over kids ANY day! ;-)

  4. Dani Rice

    Dani Rice GoComics PRO Member said, over 2 years ago

    As Doh said, you do need a Commercial Drivers License, which requires special training. In Maryland, a standard license allows you to drive a noncommercial vehicle weighing less than 26,000 pounds, EXCEPT motorcycles, which need a separate license.

  5. BRI-NO-MITE!!

    BRI-NO-MITE!! GoComics PRO Member said, over 2 years ago

    There are several classes of CDL, depending on the weight of the vehicle. Heavy stuff is Class “A”. Then there are endorsements; Hazmat, tanker, passenger, school bus, etc.
    There is a skills test and a written test. As a bus driver, I hold a class “B” CDL with a passenger endorsement.

  6. Hunter7

    Hunter7 said, over 2 years ago

    I don’t know enough to comment on what you need for driving 18 wheelers and such. I just know that on my drivers’ license there are 5 categories – Class 5 belongs to most of us, motorcycles have their own classification. the rest belong to air brakes and everything else.

  7. casspir

    casspir said, over 2 years ago

    Each state has their own licensing rules for different classes of vehicles.

  8. Refresh Comments.