Matt Wuerker by Matt Wuerker

Matt Wuerker

Comments (21) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. dtroutma

    dtroutma GoComics PRO Member said, about 1 year ago

    Perfect depiction of the problem, still flattering to McConnell.

  2. wmconelly

    wmconelly said, about 1 year ago

    Good cartoon, valid observation, could do without the doggrel.

  3. mikefive

    mikefive said, about 1 year ago

    I’m not a big fan of the filibuster, but Presidential power seems to need to be reigned in a bit.

  4. Jeff H

    Jeff H said, about 1 year ago

    Given the crap Congress has turned out since 2006, I’d be happier with them doing nothing.

  5. truthsayer47

    truthsayer47 said, about 1 year ago

    So, will Wuerker do the same smirking cartoon when the Dems use the filibuster to shut down a GOP president’s nominees. Probably not, because when the Dems do it it’s for the good of the country, and when the GOPers do it, they’re just being evil.

  6. TheTrustedMechanic

    TheTrustedMechanic GoComics PRO Member said, about 1 year ago

    @mikefive

    Really? Just what powers do you want reigned in? What is President Obama doing that you don’t think he should be doing? And what is he doing that was not granted to him, and his predecessor by congress? I keep hearing this “Presidential Power” thing, but I fail to see what he is doing that other presidents haven’t done. He has his agenda but with the obstructionists in Congress not much is getting done. So just what has he done that needs to be reigned in?

  7. TheTrustedMechanic

    TheTrustedMechanic GoComics PRO Member said, about 1 year ago

    @Jeff H

    Thanks to the republicans not much has happened, and this country is suffering for it. So you’re getting your wish. The republicans are working hard (hah, that’s irony there) at making sure nothing happens. Or do you mean like the 38 times to “repeal and replace” the PPACA? Replace with what? They haven’t put forth any solution to what they claim is a problem, they just keep wasting time. But that is all the republicans are good for, wasting time. In the HoR they won’t take up any legislation to address President Obama’s requests. Legislation that isn’t all partisan wish list and poison pills that is. And over in the Senate, where this cartoon is address, as little as 20% of the country can obstruct the wants, will and benefit of the other 80%. Now there is an accomplishment the republicans can be proud of, minority rules. Because it grants them undue power the filibuster is great right now, but if they ever (not by the grace of God) regain control they will whine and cry if the Democrats filibuster just once. So if you’d “be happier with them doing nothing,” you must be simply ecstatic.

  8. Larry

    Larry said, about 1 year ago

    Magnificent cartoon!

  9. Zipi

    Zipi said, about 1 year ago

    The fillibuster is nothing new. The Democrats have used it just as much as the Republicans.

  10. Godfreydaniel

    Godfreydaniel said, about 1 year ago

    The new FORM of the filibuster is new. If they went back to the old days and actually were forced to talk it would be far less objectionable when used by either party. (Where’s Mr. Smith and can we send him to Washington?)

  11. Ruff

    Ruff GoComics PRO Member said, about 1 year ago

    @Zipi

    But Mitch McConnell hit a record by filibustering his own bill. Way to go.

  12. Rad-ish

    Rad-ish GoComics PRO Member said, about 1 year ago

    To paraphrase McConnell, “We’ve got to stop before we get to the brink… of getting something done!”

  13. Glass Hole

    Glass Hole GoComics PRO Member said, about 1 year ago

    Someone call the plumber, all of this talking from our elected officials of nothingness is clogging up the latrines again..

  14. TheTrustedMechanic

    TheTrustedMechanic GoComics PRO Member said, about 1 year ago

    @Zipi

    “The fillibuster is nothing new.”
    Very true. But your truth stops there.

  15. TheTrustedMechanic

    TheTrustedMechanic GoComics PRO Member said, about 1 year ago

    @Godfreydaniel

    Like him or hate him (I do not personally agree with his “I got mine, to he|| with you” philosophy) you have to respect Rand Paul for at least having the integrity to properly filibuster when he stood and addressed the session. Too bad his fellow republicans are to cowardly and lazy to do anything more than threaten a filibuster and the Democrats are too lazy for force a filibuster.

  16. Load the rest of the comments (6).