Dan Wasserman by Dan Wasserman

Dan Wasserman

Comments (6) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. Michyle Glen

    Michyle Glen said, about 2 years ago

    LOL ahh Did specific demands frighten the Management.
    Better get used to it.

  2. echoraven

    echoraven said, about 2 years ago

    @Michyle Glen

    They’ll just continue to outsource.

  3. coraryan

    coraryan GoComics PRO Member said, about 2 years ago

    Perhaps they don’t want to be unionized – I never saw any sense in unions myself, never belonged to one, never wanted to. Waste of money. They only protect the incompetant and lazy workers.

  4. Libertarian1

    Libertarian1 said, about 2 years ago

    @Dredpiraterobt$

    You are indeed correct. In the 30’s there was a definite need for unions. Now they make up 7% of the private work force and are outmoded. Their goal is to screw the other 93%. Teacher strikes, transportation strikes, newspaper stikes etc. Just who do you think gets harmed. Clue- not the 1%. Unions don’t care. As long as they get theirs damn the 93%.

    Why are so many jobs shipped overseas? We are no longer a manufacturing economy. We are a service economy. And as you learn in Econ 101 the law of supply and demand takes over. Many many more willing workers than jobs available. Why that occurred is the subject of a different debate.

  5. Libertarian1

    Libertarian1 said, about 2 years ago

    @Dredpiraterobt$

    Don’t understand your logic. No competition in health care insurance premiums? As a libertarian that is one of the battles we have been fighting for years. We believe in more and m,ore competition. Health care premiums and right to work laws. But what does that have to do with unions? Just because company A is unionized doesn’t mean there will be meaningful competition in insurance premiums. We should be able to buy insurance from any state. Nothing to do with unions.

    I personally took a massive pay cut the day Medicare was passed. I realized that when I treated a senior partner of a major NYC law firm. He billed at $750/hour. I got paid $32 for 15 minutes.

    Closed jobs are not a competitive playing field. Prevailing wages are not a prevailing playing fiels.

  6. ronald rini

    ronald rini said, about 2 years ago

    When you can tell me why at schools which are mostly union employees drive toyotas and hondas that are non union made we should care what they say and if you go to the rallies and when most of the people there wear made in USA clothes I will jump in and support them.(and most of the stuff in thier home is made in the USA) Till then they are a bunch of kettles calling the pot black

  7. Refresh Comments.