Broom Hilda by Russell Myers

Broom Hilda

Comments (8) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. margueritem

    margueritem GoComics PRO Member said, almost 4 years ago

    It just took a little help from Mother Nature.

    Good morning, LB.

  2. Llewellenbruce

    Llewellenbruce said, almost 4 years ago

    At least they were smart enough to not be sitting
    under a tree.

    MARG! Did you hear about the prizewinning dog at
    the Westminster dog show that someone poisoned?
    There are some sick people out there aren’t they?

  3. pouncingtiger

    pouncingtiger said, almost 4 years ago

    and scare the bajesus out of them too.

  4. margueritem

    margueritem GoComics PRO Member said, almost 4 years ago


    No! What happened?

  5. Sisyphos

    Sisyphos said, almost 4 years ago

    Guess that lightning put a little spark into their friendship.

  6. Josh  Lyons

    Josh Lyons said, almost 4 years ago

    Yes, either from Mother Nature or God Almighty.

  7. Chris Kenworthy

    Chris Kenworthy said, almost 4 years ago

    The way the comic was framed it kinda looks like they’re clinging to each other right where the lightning struck a moment ago!

  8. Nun'Ya Bidness

    Nun'Ya Bidness said, almost 4 years ago


    This is from abc news 11 hours ago (7:32 pm eastern):

    The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show that earlier this month made headlines by crowning an affenpinscher as Best in Show for the first time ever, is back in the headlines today after the unexpected death of another competitor.

    Cruz, a 3-year-old Samoyed who competing in his first Westminster this year, died Feb. 16 while competing in another dog show in Colorado — just four days after the Westminster competition ended. Both the dog’s co-owner, Lynette Blue, and his handler, Robert Chaffin, suspect the dog was poisoned.

    “We have gone through all the steps of where he was, what was done, and he was always on a leash,” Blue, 67, who has co-owned Cruz since birth and has raised and shown the fluffy, snow-white breed of dogs since the 1960s, told ABC News today. “He was never outside. He was always with the handler.”

    Cruz, short for his show name, GCH CH Polar Mist Cruz’N T’Party At Zamosky D, was competing at the 18th Annual Rocky Mountain Cluster Dog Show in Denver when he became sick, vomiting blood. Chaffin, his handler of over one year, who was also at the Westminster, took him to an emergency veterinary clinic, where he later died of internal hemorrhaging. The dog was cremated and a necropsy was not performed.

    (later on in the article, it said that too much time had lapsed to make testing for poison work)

    “We can’t figure out a timeline where it could have happened while he was in the room or being walked,” said Blue, who said she had no insurance policy on Cruz.

    The internal hemorrhaging, along with vomiting blood, could be a symptom of rodenticide, or rat poisoning, according to medical experts.

  9. Refresh Comments.