Trump’s fake “emergency” is like when he calls 9-1-1 because KFC is out of his favorite bucket of chicken. And he should be dealt with the same as those who report false emergencies.
There is no “emergency” on the southern border.
• Illegal border crossings have decreased every year for the last ten years
• illegal border crossings are at a 46-year low
• more Mexican Americans last year LEFT the U.S. and returned to Mexico than came here
• lowest number of undocumented residents since 2000
• admitting that “I didn’t have to do this” means it’s not an “emergency”
• doing nothing for two years when he controlled the entire government, then five weeks of shutdown and three more weeks of negotiations means it’s not an “emergency”
• the National Intelligence Estimate recently issued earlier this month, defining threats to national security, DID NOT EVEN MENTION THE SOUTHERN BORDER
But go ahead, Donald. When we replace you with a Democratic president, watch for “national emergencies” on climate change, gun death epidemic and health care.
Proposals offered by Democrats would address the actual threats by addressing electronic monitoring to prevent visa overstays and increased inspections of vehicles and cargo shipment containers that enter legally at border checkpoints, where there is not enough equipment or workers to complete adequate inspections. Democratic proposals would address whatever legitimate issues actual exist today, which do NOT include border crossings on the southern border.
Anyone who wants to SHUT DOWN TSA and customs (the ones who deal with the real terror threat) to fund a border wall on the southern border but not the northern border, have admitted that the only “emergency” they see is BROWN SKIN.
The only “emergency” is FIRE in the Oval Office. The fake “president’s” pants are ablaze.