I’ve been making pictures to illustrate my stories. I’ve uploaded several thumbnails of the completed pictures to my Imgur account. I have several more in the works that I will upload once I’ve finished them. These new pictures are at the bottom of my story album. Some of the pictures illustrate specific scenes from my stories with one difference, I’ve added a transport to each scene whether one would logically be there or not.
I’ve finished the editing pass for Hybrid and will get back to work on completing it soon.
I made a blog post about clan symbols on my WordPress page.
As usual, the link to my WordPress page can be found on the profile page for this account.
I finished the first draft of Legacy and will let it sit for awhile before doing an editing run.
I’ve also worked on the cover pictures for the first three books. The updated pictures are on my Imgur account (the link to which is on my WordPress page).
Next up: an editing run of Hybrid to prep for getting back into working on that story.
Campfire Write introduced a desktop app and had a major sale on their modules, so I splurged and bought lifetime access to all the modules I have a use for (one of my sisters had sent me a Christmas check for $100). There are several other modules available, but I only use one of them and the free version is enough for my needs. I had to request help to get my main Campfire Pro files transferred over as it was much too big for me to import. The app is super buggy, but I’ve gotten all my characters set up in it.
As usual, a link to my WordPress page can be found on the profile page for this account.
This week I’ve been working towards publishing my stories. I created pictures to use as cover art for the first three books. These can be seen in my Imgur account (link on my WordPress page).
Formatting takes a lot of time, so I haven’t gotten much writing done this week. However… I’ve created four characters for the new story idea that’s percolating at the back of my mind, and (while I haven’t started writing it yet) I’ve thought of some events that will occur in it. I’ve also decided on the name for it: Wolf
As usual, the link to my WordPress page can be found on the profile page of this account.
Legacy is slowly but surely getting finished.
I made a continuity update to Rumors.
Once I complete Legacy I’ll work on Hybrid but I have an idea for a new story once Hybrid is finished.
The next new story will go into the origins of the urfren. Ideas for this story have been percolating at the back of my mind.
One thing that I have decided to do in the new story is to insert a tribute. Previous tributes have been to cats that have graced my life (Pingpong, Spunky, etc).
While the tribute in the new story is also an animal, it won’t be one that was anyone’s pet. Instead, it will be a tribute to a wild wolf whose territory included part of my home town. This wolf’s name was Romeo. His territory included an area where residents would walk their dogs and Romeo would play with the dogs.
A man named Alvin Alexander wrote a book about him:
A Wolf Called Romeo is “the true story of the exceptional black wolf who spent seven years interacting with the people and dogs of Juneau, Alaska, living on the edges of their community, engaging in an improbable, awe-inspiring interspecies dance, and bringing the wild into sharp focus.”
I won’t use the name “Romeo” in my story as it would not fit in my story setting, but the wolf will be a tribute to Romeo.
I recently revamped my WordPress page. Each story now has a separate entry with a short teaser about the story. I did this so I can make a blurb for the back of each book when I finally have them ready to publish.
I’ve gotten an idea for a new story. I plan to finish Legacy and Hybrid before I start working on it though.
As usual, a link to my WordPress page is on the profile page of this account.
I’ve made several new pictures (including a Christmas card) that I uploaded to my Imgur account (link on my WordPress page). I’ve also made some new pictures on Artbreeder.
I’m nearly done writing Legacy, but am currently stuck on how to end a scene.