Bio--the discipline, that is.
Wow, you really are an uninformed fool, aren’t you? To repost Motivemagus on recommended police reform:
1. Hire better. Look for people who want to serve the community, not tote a gun or fight the enemy. Look for people with strong emotional intelligence and the ability to engage with people. Previous law enforcement experience is not helping here; people kicked out of police departments for poor behavior just move on to others.
2. Train better. Teach de-escalation techniques instead of combat. Most police departments only have one way to respond. Give them a better one. Furthermore, they must have burned into their brain that they are NOT the judge, jury, or especially the executioner.
3. Use the right people for the right job. Move funds from paying for weapons to paying for social services and social workers, so police do not have to deal with issues of mental illness or domestic conflict for which they are not prepared or trained. Check the incidence of different cases, and change the hiring balance, so you don’t hire police to do someone else’s job badly. (This is what is actually meant by “defund the police” in many cases.)
4. Make guns earned, not assumed. Guns should not be the default weapon of police. No one should be carrying one with out good reason, and they should be certified not just in accuracy and deadliness, but the ability to NOT shoot under stress.
5. Limit the firepower. If a police officer does have to shoot a gun at someone, why are they aiming to kill the person immediately? Provide less deadly weapons. Train them in martial arts, sticks, even tasers (which are dangerous in their own right, but not as much as guns).
Other advanced nations do not have the problem we have with deaths by cop. You might think about that sometime and ask why.
Because I am not a gullible fool, that’s why.
Because it’s a lie that such a reward exists, unlike the virus. There is so much virus out there that no one needs to advertise for it. Here is a link to the business end of the virus in combination with an antibody to the virus: http://www.rcsb.org/structure/7LXW
As a single woman late at night coming home from the lab, I had a cop behind me turn on his lights. It was a dark road, so I slowly drove to the nearest intersection where there was light, and stopped. There was no way I was stopping in the dark and no way I was getting out of the car. Since I am White and was obviously a young woman, when he came up to my car, I think he was somewhat disconcerted and only demanded what I was doing there. Had I been Black, I think he likely would have accused me of failing to obey instructions and acted accordingly. That, to me, illustrates the fallacy of claiming that everything will be fine if you just follow instructions. It was fine for a young White woman, but what if I had been the male Black grad student driving home from the lab?
Not sure antifa gives a hoot…it isn’t exactly an organization after all.
Why has Pett never turned up on the “Updated Daily” listing until now? It’s what often happens with both Wasserman and Britt also.
Good for you, Pett. You got him exactly right.
Some numbers in the US. Covid mortality rate is about 0.02% (neglecting the asymptomatic cases). The blood clot rate attributed to the J&J vaccine is 0.00001%, of which 1 death has been reported. It should be pointed out that the occurrence of fatal clots is much higher in cases of covid-19, and that of nonfatal but debilitating clots is even higher.
klemcadiddlehopper does not seem to understand that he IS taking the experiment. He is offering himself as a potential petri dish of mutating virus. All those folks who were so convinced that the Chinese let the virus out of the lab accidentally do not seem to understand that letting the virus run its course in an unvaccinated population is doing exactly that, only they are the experiment, they are the lab petri dish growing the next form of dangerous coronavirus. This is why we are so concerned by the events in Brazil right now, and there do seem to be some dangerous mutants in the making there. Can the vaccines keep up? Well, we don’t know but we hope so. At least, the technology is now in place for rapid alterations in the vaccines when changes occur and spread, but still many will die or be permanently damaged who should not have been if the world had been more proactive in dealing with this pandemic.
A fear that should be in everyone’s mind as they consider possibly being infected with SARS-CoV-2. The virus itself causes microclots in brain and heart tissues, which will lead to localized cell death in those areas and consequent loss of function in those areas..