It’s amazing how they manage to make this claim with a straight face. I liked this rendition :→
Actually, given this cartoon and others from you, imagine if that standard applied to editorial cartoonists.
- Schools that teach you how to draw
- Citizens that teach you that having statues honoring traitors to the country who were fighting for slavery is inappropriate and is hurtful to many in the community.
Don’t right-wingers ever get tired of deliberately misleading people? This simplistic take on the Texas proposal is misleading and downplays the measures that would significantly negatively affect the ability of disadvantaged people to exercise their Constitutional right to vote and the odds of a fair election. No Republican official has yet to provide an explanation of why this bill is necessary given that despite desperate searches by many right-wing elected officials, lawyers, and groups, no evidence of voter fraud has been found.
(Thanks to Democratic pressure, the GOP has already removed a provision that would have shut down many urban polling precincts, and another that would have ended early voting on Sunday mornings, when many black churches do “Souls to the Polls” voter ferrying.)
Among the things in the current proposal:
- Forbids the state from removing partisan poll watchers unless certain election workers witness the poll watcher breaking the law, and the poll watcher is given a warning first making it a misdemeanor to “intentionally or knowingly refuse to accept a watcher for service when acceptance of the watcher is required by this section.” An election worker who pushes too hard to keep a particular partisan or disruptive poll watcher out of a polling place risks being jailed for up to 180 days.
- Makes it a felony for any public official to send many voters an application to vote by mail if the voter did not request such an application.
- Bans drive-through voting.
- Imposes limits on 24-hour voting options.
- Requires new identification requirements for absentee voters, requiring either the number of a driver’s license or state-issued ID card, the last four digits of their Social Security number, or a statement that they have not been issued such a number, all issues to retrieve or obtain for many disadvantaged voters.
sigh Heaven forbid the facts would be checked before providing these false impressions: Harris went to the border 58 days sooner into the Biden administration than Trump did during his administration: Trump’s first visit to the border was August 22, 2017. His visit lasted less than two hours and essentially was a photo op.
Of the many appalling consequences to be laid at the door at the disgraced ex-president and GOP elected officials past and current, probably the worst is the politicization of the coronavirus and the public health measures necessary to address it. Literally hundreds of thousands of Americans lost their lives needlessly or suffered and are still suffering health issues because the president (and the GOP following his lead) didn’t want to negatively affect the US economy and make himself look bad. And because the GOP publicly and consistently bought into the lies about masks, vaccines, and the virus itself, they are not willing to admit they were lies because it’s too late to change the minds of the gullible Trump personality cult members that they need to retain for any chance of re-election.
“Wearing a mask because I’m socially responsible – I don’t care how other people interpret seeing it”
The issues with the right gleefully pushing the lab leak theory is (a) even if by some unlikely series of circumstances a leak from a Wuhan research lab did occur, that doesn’t mean that either China deliberately released the virus as a bioweapon or ever planned to use it as a bioweapon, and (b) regardless of whether the virus jumped from another species or was the result of a lab leak, the Trump administration’s appallingly incompetent response and the right’s politicization of public health measures to combat it caused hundreds of thousands of Americans to die or suffer needlessly.
This seems like a touching message but it portrays the behavior and positions of both sides as equal and that is simply not true: one side is trying to regain/retain power by subverting our democracy and governmental systems and pushing lies to get a segment of the population to support those efforts, and the other side is trying to stop them.
Everyone conveniently chooses to gloss over the fact that Jordan had control over the West Bank from 1947 to 1967. Note that they did nothing to help the “Palestinians” or cede them any territory for their own state. And people also conveniently forget that Israel turned stewardship of Gaza over to the Palestinian Authority in 2005, which was displaced by Hamas, which uses international aid and goodwill not to fix infrastructure, support businesses, or establish schools and hospitals but instead spends it on armaments, tunnels from which to strike Israel, and political maneuvering. The people of Gaza are pawns to Hamas, which does nothing to improve their lives and deliberately fires rockets into civilian areas of Israel from civilian Gaza buildings to try to lower retaliation that could destroy the Hamas missile sites.