August 01, 2018
June 28, 2018
It’s “National Carrot Cake” day in the United States.
Since Nancy’s teammates are going to be frosted or cheesed off on Monday…
Will Nancy actually carrot all?
Creative Cooking Desserts
Published by Ottenheimer Publishers, Inc. 1992
Compiled and edited by: Marian Hoffman.
Designed by: Ruth Ann Thompson
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 teaspoons hot water
1 cup cooked, mashed carrots
1/2 cup walnuts
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 Tablespoon warm milk
2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger together in mixing bowl.
3. Add oil, eggs, hot water, and carrots to flour mixture; mix until well blended. Add walnuts.
4. Pour batter into ungreased, 9-inch tube pan; bake for 45 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely before frosting.
5. To make frosting, mix cream cheese with milk in bowl until well blended. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until creamy. Frost sides and top of cooled cake.
P.S.: I don’t hate Nancy, nor am I a lonely old man (the sex is correct).
I do cook well; it’s a good skill to have; if you cannot, I recommend learning it.
I choose the recipes I post to “fit” the comic, even if my comment has to be warped to make them (as above).
I do detest what “Olivia James,” whoever she really is, has done to the strip. Like a candle, " Sluggo is Snuffed !"
September 24, 2018