Summer of 2020, down to the hall to cast my union vote and pick up some Biden/Harris yard signs, and one of my brothers says ‘what are you doing… gonna throw those in the dumpster?’.
I swear, if people who work for a living felt as strongly about their own job as they do about who they hate, wage-slavery would be at an end.
It’s OK for lawyers, ball-players, actors, politicians, internet influencers [?], criminals, judges, preachers, car salespeople, t.v. announcers, cartoonists, etc., etc. — to earn a decent wage. Rank-and-file citizens who desperately need to earn a decent slice of our American pie are not eligible.
We were all heroes for sticking to our jobs during the pandemic whilst the white collars stayed home. We were all heroes for supporting and supplying the bodies for the various wars rich people get richer from. We were all heroes for sacrificing and sending our kids to college to qualify for the American Dream — which they still don’t.
10% of US own the other 90% — but let anyone in the 90% ‘hero’ class complain or negotiate, and they become outcast troublemakers that aren’t sufficiently grateful to their betters. If you want to be a company slave, fine — just get off my back when I want to break free.
May 31, 2016
May 24, 2016