More FAKE EMERGENCIES from a fake “president.” He is like the guy who calls 9-1-1 because KFC got his order wrong.
The very first words of the U.S. Constitution after the Preamble — the first words of the actual body of the Constitution — the first words of the first paragraph of Article I Section 1 are: “All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.”
The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled repeatedly that the Congress CANNOT DELEGATE legislative authority — the making of laws — to the Executive. It CAN create agencies in the Executive that promulgate detailed rules, but ONLY within strictly defined parameters that constitute the actual legislation.
The Emergency Powers Act gives the president broad power to define “emergencies.” But the word “emergency” does have meaning. If not, it means the president has the power to legislate, thus making the Act unconstitutional. And “emergency” cannot include a situation of political face-saving on border issue politics, when:
• Illegal border crossings have decreased every year for the last ten years
• illegal border crossings are at a 46-year low
• more Mexican Americans last year LEFT the U.S. and returned to Mexico than came here
• lowest number of undocumented residents since 2000
• you admit that “I didn’t have to do this” (that means it’s not an “emergency”)
• the National Intelligence Estimate recently issued earlier this month, defining threats to national security, DID NOT EVEN MENTION THE SOUTHERN BORDER
But go ahead, Donald. When we replace you with a Democratic president, watch for “national emergencies” on climate change, gun death epidemic and health care.
April 12, 2017
May 10, 2018
June 11, 2017
July 06, 2017
November 24, 2017
December 06, 2017