Come on in, take a look around. We've been waiting for you.
Like what we've done with the place? We think you will. After all, so many of the changes are based on your invaluable feedback from the beta release in October. You told us what you liked, what you less-than-liked, and what you'd like us to consider in future updates. Over the course of the past few months, we rolled out a number of updates to address these issues and more.
If you didn't get a chance to check out the beta, here's a list of the key changes to GC.
- The GoComics interface -- both desktop and mobile -- is completely redesigned with an emphasis on navigation, exploration and discoverability. We worked to make it as easy as possible to find, read and share comics you love.
- Comics are bigger and easier to read.
- Migration is seamless. If you have a free account or a premium account, just sign in and enjoy your comics as usual.
- Search just works. Type in a comic title, keyword or tag and our robot brain will take you to the comics you're looking for.
- Recommendations are smart and unobtrusive. They help you discover great comics without distracting from what you're already enjoying or bothering you with stuff you don't want to see.
- And look! Our new GoComics store is open! Stocked with books, comic collections, calendars and comic prints, the new store has what you're looking for. It's easy to find what you want, pop it in a shopping cart, and check out.
- Collections are currently in the process of being migrated over to the new site. Your collection data, and all of your favorite collection functionality, is safe and will be back on the site in the not-too-distant future.
-If you use the GoComics mobile app on your iOS or Android device, there may be some performance limitations on launch day. If you experience problems, please enjoy the new mobile version of GoComics.com instead.
- Until its re-launch in 2017, Sherpa content will not be available to GoComics readers in their comic feeds. But Sherpa will continue in its current form as a separate site (comicssherpa.com) and new Sherpa content will appear there in the interim.
We'll be rolling out even more new features while continuing to improve your experience in the weeks and months to come. We can't wait to see you every day.
Enjoy the new GoComics!
- The GoComics Team