Henry Payne by Henry Payne

Henry Payne

Comments (33) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. TJDestry

    TJDestry GoComics PRO Member said, about 15 hours ago

    Racism is funny, isn’t it? Well, funnier when you’re white, I guess.

  2. mikefive

    mikefive said, about 15 hours ago


    It’s a little bit of a stretch to make this cartoon about racism.

  3. Reppr

    Reppr said, about 13 hours ago

    What passes for racism IS funny these days. No perceived grievance, real or imagined, is too little to be a cause for indignant protest. Or it could be that next year is an election year so every slight is blown out of all proportion to cause discontent and divide us as a people for the sake of increasing voter turnout.

  4. mrs1wing

    mrs1wing GoComics PRO Member said, about 13 hours ago

    God help us all.

  5. lonecat

    lonecat said, about 13 hours ago


    It’s not about racism, it’s about a right wing ideologue trying to pretend that there’s no such thing as racism.

  6. mikefive

    mikefive said, about 12 hours ago


    That’s also a bit of a stretch, lonecat. The ’toon strikes me as being satire on political correctness.

  7. NeedaChuckle

    NeedaChuckle said, about 12 hours ago

    At a town council meeting a member said they were being niggardly with the budget. OMG! The furor. It is a perfectly good word meaning you are stingy or Scrooge like.

  8. mikefive

    mikefive said, about 12 hours ago


    I remember that.

  9. lonecat

    lonecat said, about 12 hours ago


    Satires on political correctness are attempts to defend offensive language and behavior.

  10. Pappyvtx1

    Pappyvtx1 said, about 11 hours ago

    lonecat, put on your big boy/girl/?? panties and pull them up tight! It is people that have grown TOO sensitive to the world around them that are making the RACIST points more than they should be! What is going to happen when people finally start bucking up and saying “its racist to call me a person”? Is everyone going to have to be called a carbon life-form??? Ease up people and get a grasp on reality! Not everything is meant as a slam!

  11. Crow Nobo

    Crow Nobo said, about 11 hours ago

    Henry is channeling his own right wing racism.

  12. lonecat

    lonecat said, about 11 hours ago

    I was born in the North, but because of my father’s work we moved to the South, and I grew up in a small town that was about 2/3 white and 1/3 black. The schools were segregated until 1958, and after that integration was slow and ineffective. I grew up hearing racial epithets, and those epithets were linked to a system of oppression. When I got older I started to work with the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, and I was in jail three times. I was roughed up by the police in the back room once. Maybe I’m a little over sensitive to issues of race, or maybe I’ve seen things that some white people haven’t seen or have tried hard not to see.

  13. dchavers

    dchavers said, about 10 hours ago


    Chosen especially to accomplish what it did. There are other, better words. Even you used a couple.

  14. mikefive

    mikefive said, about 9 hours ago


    “Satires on political correctness are attempts to defend offensive language and behavior.”

    Satire can also ridicule the extent to which political correctness is taken such as this cartoon. I was born north, lived desert southwest, LA county, and my junior and senior years of high school were spent in the south. 15 changes of school, 13 different schools before exiting secondary school, all before integration. I’ve lived with Mexicans, blacks, whites, Japanese, and American Indians.(Is it politically incorrect that I didn’t capitalize blacks and whites in the previous sentence? Someone will probably says “yes” and be offended.) I have never understood segregation and at my age probably never will.
    • Some Seminole Indians in Florida thought that a Florida university using “Seminoles” as a mascot was insulting (as if a university would choose a mascot that would denigrate the school). A poll was taken of the Seminoles about this. 85% approved. I don’t remember how the other 15% was split between didn’t care and disapproved.
    • There are always going to be some that get insulted over some perceived slight where no slight exists or is intended (c/NeedaChuckle and “niggardly”)

  15. martens is REALLY fed up

    martens is REALLY fed up said, about 9 hours ago


    You are being quite offensive in this post.
    I hope you realize that, but i doubt that you do. Nonetheless, I am calling you out for inexcusable rudeness.

  16. Load the rest of the comments (18).