Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson

Calvin and Hobbes

Comments (9) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. Icalasari

    Icalasari said, almost 6 years ago

    And then you whip out the fact that if it is that much of a risk so soon after being taken out of the fridge, then there would be a major recall because of how germaphobic the world is

  2. efkasper

    efkasper said, over 5 years ago

    “THBPPTH” isn’t the noise I’d be concerned about…

  3. CloudsofGrey

    CloudsofGrey said, almost 4 years ago

    I’ve eaten more blops of cookie dough then I care to count, and have never had any problems. Also, if it hasn’t been sitting long, and the eggs were properly refrigerated, there is little chance of contracting so much as a stuffy nose.

  4. L4D2Ellis

    L4D2Ellis said, about 1 year ago

    @CloudsofGrey

    You haven’t had any problems, yet. Not everybody’s immune systems are the same. Wasn’t there a woman who died from that some time last year?

  5. tdoug1

    tdoug1 said, 12 months ago

    I’ve ate it all my life. I’m 58 years old and still in pretty good health. It’s the p..sy Generation!

  6. Marathon Zack

    Marathon Zack GoComics PRO Member said, 11 months ago

    I love cookie dough!!!

  7. Official_Dalek

    Official_Dalek said, 10 months ago

    Never before in my (incredibly short) life have I ever heard of anyone ever getting salmonella from cookie dough, and everyone I know eats that stuff almost daily.

  8. maxbacsi

    maxbacsi said, 9 months ago

    Egg cant have salmonella or other bacteria inside; if all shell layers are intact, they don’t become addled, just dry out in a few months.Salmonella inoculums, however, can be on the sell surface, and get into the liquid when you break the egg. Nowdays eggs are cleaned carefully after collecting, but you can wash them yourself one more time to completely avoid this problem.

  9. Joe Weatherford

    Joe Weatherford said, 4 months ago

    This bit from Distractify…

    “However, there are other pathogens in any uncooked food, and in this case one of the big dangers is E. Coli. E. Coli isn’t in the eggs, it’s in the flour. Vice did a report on what happened to a Las Vegas woman named Linda Rivera. In 2009, Nestle issued a recall for 3.6 million packages of Toll House cookie dough, but Rivera hadn’t yet found out about it when she took a few bites and became extremely ill. Doctors initially cleared the bacteria from her system, but E. Coli wreaks havoc on your organs. She died several years later from related complications.”

  10. Refresh Comments.