Advertisement
Advertisement

Tom Toles for May 05, 2019

50 Comments

Hide All Comments
  1. Emerald faerie x
    Emerald Pixie  6 months ago

    An Emerald New Deal? I’ll go for that!

    The Green New Deal in jewel form — seeking climate and environmental solutions that align with economic growth and advancement.

    Instead of just letting coal and oil jobs go the way of the blacksmith and buggy manufacturers, replace lost jobs by building solar plants, electric car plants, manufacturers to produce wind turbines, etc., etc., etc., in areas where they can hire those losing outdated jobs and replace their old, dirty jobs with high-tech, high-paying new jobs in a new economy.

    Make economic and environmental goals work together instead of against each other.

     •  Reply
  2. E067 169 48
    Darsan54 Premium Member 6 months ago

    Our government should be working for all the people and not just the one-percent and white nationalists.

     •  Reply
  3. Tf 117
    RAGs  6 months ago

    In this case the wicked witch is inside the House, so it won’t fall on him (unless he’s at Merry -lardo.

     •  Reply
  4. Missing large
    rekam Premium Member 6 months ago

    read something in today’s paper that turned my stomach. T Rump is proud of the fact that he’s considered to be the worst president we’ve ever had. He loves it!

     •  Reply
  5. Tor johnson
    William Bednar Premium Member 6 months ago

    That’s probably the same 55% who won’t vote at all. So, no big loss.

     •  Reply
  6. Missing large
    OldCoal  6 months ago

    Trump has accomplished something for which I’m very grateful.

    He’s managed to unite Democrats more than they’ve been united since 1975.

    And that’s quite the accomplishment.

    And no, Biden is not going to get the nomination. No matter how often the RGN tells us it’s in the bag.

     •  Reply
  7. Missing large
    wolfiiig  6 months ago

    I stand proudly with the 55%.

     •  Reply
  8. A selfie2
    Brian G Premium Member 6 months ago

    But will that 55% vote at all, and if they do will it be for a single candidate or split it 3 ways like the last “Didn’t vote for Trump” crowd?

     •  Reply
  9. Missing large
    piobaire  6 months ago

    William Bednar: “That’s probably the same 55% who won’t vote at all. So, no big loss.” You could be right, but I hope not, and I’d bet you hope so too.

    People are too upset to sit at home. They’re tired of seeing the president’s malfeasance, his vulgarity, his perpetual lying, his arrogant self-promotion, his attempts to place himself above the law. They’re tired of seeing him degrade the office he occupies and trash America’s reputation around the world.

    The elections of 2018 were a reflection of that feeling. People turned out, and the results of that election showed that turning out works. People will turn out again.

     •  Reply
  10. Kw eyecon 20190702 091103 r
    Kip W  6 months ago

    He’s been busy, every day, casting as much doubt as possible on the polls, so that come the day he fails to win re-election, he can transmit the call to his Armed Monkeys to take the streets.

    I would expect that Putin fed the idea to him in a way that makes him think its his own.

     •  Reply
  11. Missing large
    seamusrmacdonald  6 months ago

    And why wouldn’t he, he’s worked damned hard to earn the title!!

     •  Reply
  12. Mooseguy
    moosemin  6 months ago

    I haven’t heard anything about Karl Rove for a while, but his machinations are surely at work right now. The Repubs leave nothing to chance, much less “free” elections.

     •  Reply
  13. Plsa button
    Richard S Russell Premium Member 6 months ago

    Let’s not get unduly excited here. If the 45% who WOULD vote for him can win in states with 270 electoral votes, it won’t matter that the other 55% wanted somebody else.

     •  Reply
  14. Androidify 1453615949677
    Jason Allen  6 months ago

    I have to agree with others that the 55% statistic is nothing to get excited about. The Dems still have to do the work to win over those voters. Otherwise we’re just continuing to repeat the 2016 election.

     •  Reply
  15. Missing large
    Gary Williams Premium Member 6 months ago

    now, if we can get those 55% to vote we may have something. The thing is about 75% of those 55 won’t vote at all, and the Trump Base vote will again outvote the 55%.

     •  Reply
Sign in to comment
Advertisement

More From Tom Toles

Advertisement