Nancy Pelosi is right to deny an agent of a hostile foreign power the right to give his State of the Union in the House of Representative chambers. If Trump wants to give a State of the Union, it would only be in furtherance of Putin’s wet dream of reviving the Soviet Union. Let Trump give his State of the (revived) Soviet Union before the Russian Duma.
Of course Trump is in Putin’s pocket.
Just look what Vladimir Putin has gotten for his money:
• The government of the United States SHUT DOWN for the third time in a year, each time longer than the one before, all of them begun while REPUBLICONS controlled the House, Senate and presidency. Trump doesn’t care about the U.S. government being shut down; it isn’t the government he really works for.
• Babies in cages.
• Western alliances in disarray — including a puppet president who is trying to get the U.S. to withdraw from NATO.
• Total chaos in the White House.
• Sanctions on Russia and key Russian oligarchs being lifted or ignored
• Financial markets in turmoil.
• Tariffs that make U.S. exports less desirable and Russian exports more desirable (China no longer importing U.S. soybeans and Putin rushing to fill the Chinese demand for soybeans that used to be met by American farmers so that U.S. soybean sales to China will never come back.)
May 31, 2017