Seriously, Ramirez? STILL with that LIE about the “free stuff”?
Yeah, I get it that Goebbels promised that if you tell a lie enough times it becomes the truth, but if Joseph Goebbels is your moral role model, well, that explains a lot.
Progressive policies are NOT about expecting “FREE STUFF” any more than you expect law enforcement, emergency first responders or “free” public schools to be provided by “other people’s money.”
We all contribute and we all benefit.
There are good ways in which public resources are allocated for public benefit but which no one would seriously consider “free stuff.” for the legitimate purpose of protecting PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY, maintaining public order and helping those who actually need it:
• Universal comprehensive no-fee health care
• Universal tuition-free public education through college
• Guaranteed secure retirement program
• Job retraining, job placement assistance
• Proactive social services to PREVENT crime
• Public infrastructure for general use and general benefit
• Law enforcement, firefighting, emergency disaster relief
• Military protection from foreign threats
Ways in which public resource allocation is ABUSED as “free” giveaways — the real “free stuff” — are when they go to the few richest elites who already have the most with no benefit to the general public:
• Corporate welfare (socialism for the rich)
• Socialized professional sports (socialized football — all benefit goes to people that are very rich)
• Tax exemptions for churches that non-believers have to make up for (socialized religion)
May 31, 2016
May 24, 2016