She is definitely killing them!
• Guaranteeing healthcare as a right of citizenship by enacting a Medicare for all single-payer healthcare system. It’s time for the U.S. to join every major industrialized country on earth and provide universal healthcare to all.
• Requiring employers to provide at least two weeks of paid vacation and 7 days of paid sick days.
• Enacting a universal childcare and prekindergarten program. Every psychologist understands that the most formative years for a human being is from the ages 0-3.
• Immediately reversing inhumane treatment of asylum seekers and immigrants, separating children from their parents and putting them in cages.
• Climate change is the single greatest threat facing our planet. The debate is over, and the scientific jury is in: global climate change is real, it is caused mainly by emissions released from burning fossil fuels and it poses a catastrophic threat. The good news is that our society is already moving in the right direction. Solar panels cost 80 percent less than they did in 2008, and they are already an economically viable alternative to fossil fuels.
• Insisting that large corporations and the wealthy pay their fair share in taxes.
• Fighting for pay equity by signing the Paycheck Fairness Act into law. It is an outrage that women earn just 78 cents for every dollar a man earns.
• Rescuing Social Security by lifting the cap on taxable income above $250,000.
• Increasing the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $15 an hour. No one who works 40 hours a week should be living in poverty.
• Breaking up huge financial institutions so that they are no longer too big to fail.
• The Employee Free Choice Act to reverse the 40-year decline in the middle class.
Ramirez, YOU try to move any more to the Right. You’ll find yourself in a padded cell at the mental health ward of the nearest hospital.
Left! Left! A little more to the left. Good. Now you are no longer Republican-Lite and are back to being Democrats.
Well, this cartoon comes on the heels of AOC announcing a bill to shut down payday loan abuses and other consumer loan gouging. Only rabid lefties like AOC, Bernie, and the Bible hate usury. The next thing you know, she’ll be supporting that ultrasocialist Jesus Christ and his nefarious campaign to whip the moneychangers!
The “platform” Ramirez depicts looks like the narrow life-threatening Republican’s.
You people on the right like to call AOC radical left. Well let me introduce you to someone who was also radical left, a gentleman by the name of Franklin D. Roosevelt. Another person I’d like to introduce you to, who is not quite so far left but still somewhat left of people like Joe Biden, a gentleman by the name of Dwight D. Eisenhower. No folks, the Democratic Party is not moving all that far left after all. The problem is the Republican Party has moved so far right during the last 40 to 60 years that they are now the Lunatic Fringe and the Democratic Party is simply trying to realign itself to what it once was, when they had candidates like FDR.
Dissolve Citizens United….
Ah, yes; “where is the money going to come from?” The eternal plaintive cry from the Right.
I’ll tell you. Pay attention; this is not a difficult concept.
The money will come FROM the same pot that it’s currently coming from. Except now that money will go TO the American people rather than to the top 1%.
But will she dance?
Come back to the mainstream, to the Pelosi and Schumer wing of the party. This is where the grownups are.
The democrats are further right than they have been in living memory They are further right than “left wing” parties in other developed countries. They are even further right than some other countries’ “right wing” parties.
Is Ramirez actually expressing the Gross Old Perverts fears of the people?
“No, no, no you silly jackass, MY LEFT! There’s plenty of room over that way!”
At least he has something to say that’s topical. Not smart or sensible, which is well outside his comfort zone. Unlike some of the other GOPist shills today.
For all of you who are telling the donkey to shift a little more to the left, step back and ask yourself a question.
Why is Joe polling near 40% a week into the primaries? It is certainly not name recognition. Sanders, Warren, Kamala and a few others have very solid recognition numbers.
There is still a very substantial chunk of nominal Democrats who are not in line with the big package of change offered by the Progressives and/or Socialist candidates. You folks here are very active. Very politically aware and quite certain of your ideas. A large part of the population do not share your certainty or your fervor.
You are setting yourselves up for the same failure the Tea Party types experienced. Push too hard and many will reject you. Conservatives spent decades trying to grab it all in one big chunk, and bitterly resenting the failure to do so. Look at the constant failure of the Freedom Caucus in the House, at the vitriol they draw from their own party.
The Dems can take back the WH, but they cannot do it with the NGD, Medicare for all or any of the other large scale proposals being floated. I seriously doubt Biden can beat Trump if the economy continues on its current path, but he has a shot at it. The others would get beaten like a drum.
May 31, 2016
May 24, 2016