My suggestion to an alternative to Obamacare is:
1. Make all expenses for medical care 100% deductable off one’s taxes.
2. Allow each individual and an employer for their employees to open a before tax medical expense account. Put no cap, or a very high one on its size.For employer ones allow for these to split 50-50 remaining year end funds in the account between employer and worker as an incentive not to be sick or abuse the account on the worker’s part, and as incentive for the employer to set these accounts up.
3. Provide health / medical insurance only for catastrophic coverage with say a $5000 deductable for everybody nationally. The payment would be small and both individuals and most employers would pay in to cover the cost. Employers could pay in out of the year end account split of their employees medical accounts in pre-tax dollars.
4. The government would get zero say in doctor and other provider choices.
5. The plan is movable from one state to another.
There, 1 page versus 2700 and it would work.
May 31, 2016
May 24, 2016