January 17, 2018
Luann is beyond having a messy room. Even if she does have a messy room, it’s her own business. I’m tired of this theme.
Your parents’ house, Luann, their rules.
MS stands for More of the Same, and Ph D for Piled Higher and Deeper.
I wonder if Luann saw a mouse one day in her “messy room” would THAT motivate her to clean it up?
Puddles seems to enjoy the mess based on the smile on his face!
B.S. degree? Sound like she’s earned her Masters….
B.S.? Did someone call?
The third law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of a system approaches a constant value as the temperature approaches absolute zero. If Frank was a little cooler, then it would help with the entropy of Luann’s room.
I’ve always wondered if I could get away with explaining to a cop trying to give me a speeding ticket that, due to the rotation of the earth, I was actually moving slower than those “stationary” trees at the side of the road.
(Obviously, I’d have to be going in the right direction for this to work.)
Luann must still be on track in what she said in the strip on June 4, 2012 about becoming a thermodynamics astrophysicist:
Keep that thought, dad! LOL
Entropy increases in a closed system. I guess he should lock her door, not let her out, and not let any food in, to help her prove her point.
This is my bedroom still and I am far from being a teenager.
Luann looks so relaxed and happy in her messy room. Why ruin this peace with some weird request? She’s right. She’s absolutely right!
Spontaneous change results in an increase in entropy.
2nd Law of Thermodynamics is one argument against there not being a beginning:
If the universe is eternal, it must have run down by now.
Luann is slightly messed up in more ways than one.
At least she puts her underwear away.
Glad Luann learned some physics but neglected philosophy. The purpose of life is to decrease entropy locally.
Since she is going to community college would that not be an AS degree? Though I Think that may be an “S” short.
just goes to illustrate a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
According to Luann I need never clean my house again! Wheee!
Time for her to go
And you’re paying for the BS degree, Frank, all the while allowing her free room and board for which you get zero respect. Enjoy!
Since when is she pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in community college?
Maybe it’s time for Luanne to pledge to delta T and move out…
That one, partially-covered poster that reads “Power to the Pu…” Does that say what I think it does?
ROFLMAO! The logic!
Ah tautology! Whither education. Keep in mind that logic can be used to make sense of order, or explain disorder. Old man Daley once famously said, “the police are not there to preserve order, they are there to preserve disorder.” He meant the other way around, but ah tautology!
Leading also to many jokes by glaucoma specialists about entropion of any eyelid.
Wait until she gets to Aristotle. “Horror Vacui” also reads as “Nature abhors a vacuum.”
So we’re expected to point and laugh at Tiffany because she’s trying to better herself and become financially independent, while our protagonist lives like a pig and makes lame excuses when called out on her laziness.
Frank, alias Daddy Long Legs, is looking pretty trim. When you have a super babe like Nancy, you gotta stay in the zone and keep her happy.
College is one of the best things that ever happened to me. It opened a closed mind.
The energy expended in reducing the entropy of the room more than offsets the effect such that entropy continues to rise with every step.
Ya’ll want Luann to start cleaning up her room? Fine. I got the solution: Get Her a Boyfriend.
No way she’s going to leave her bedroom in squalor if an “Aaron Hill” or a “Quill” is coming over. You know. Some Guy she REALLY wants to Impress. I don’t recall Luann’s room ever being in that condition whenever Quill came over. And while he never made it to her bedroom, Luann made sure the living room was spic and span when Jack came over to do some “studying,” last year.
What are you trying to do, Luann? Poke holes in the Big Bang theory and the case for evolution?
Its time for the parents to either charge rent or have her look for a place of her own
If I’m going to continue following this strip, I would like to see a little more maturity in the title character. Luann seems to be suffering from Arrested Development. (Intellectually, not physically)
When you get a certain age, you wonder if it’s childish to not clean your room
A B.S. degree? Hey, I got one of those! And a Third Degree, tpp.
She’s got a point… sort of.
And after that is the M.S. (More of the Same), then the PhD (Piled higher and Deeper).
Frank knows. Dads do know, you know. He’s done his Official Parental Duty, so Nancy cannot complain. She needs to try to take her daughter in hand….
Delta S is definitely positive in this one!
Bulletin: Great job, no college required………Retirement.
I’ve been reading some of the responses here and frankly, I’m disappointed in what people are saying here. You can insult me or tell me I’m wrong afterwards, but I’m going to say this:
1. A B.S. (Bachelor of Science) degree is NOT b.s. We NEED people with these degrees.
2. A B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) degree is also NOT b.s. We also NEED people with these degrees.
3. There is value to trade school. I live in an area where we have vo-tech schools and people CAN earn big money in the trades. However, it depends on the need (which there is) and, I’m sorry to say, your gender: https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/economy/reports/2018/07/11/453321/apprenticeship-wage-participation-gap/. The sad truth is that, even if you’re going into a trade, if you’re a woman, you’re not going to earn as much as a man? Why? Because a woman’s work still doesn’t have as much value as a man’s.
4. Engineering is a great field; I’m glad we have people in the field and we do need them. But here’s a caveat: an engineering degree IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. This field requires knowledge of math and NOT EVERYONE is good at math.
5. College is NOT a waste of time. College is there to expand our minds and open up our worlds. So why is it so expensive nowadays? There are myriad reasons for the outrageously skyrocketing costs, but I can name one: state legislatures that CUT funds for the state schools. State colleges/universities, like mine, have had to raise tuition & fees because the states have slashed the money. If schools are bled financially, they have to get the money from other sources: the students, who will suffer the most.
The truth is, we need ALL these people in our society. We need people in the trades as much as we need people with B.A.‘s and B.S.’s. We need Ivy League schools as much as we need state universities. We need people with vo-tech certificates as much as we need those with doctorates. We need ALL these people, period.
Ph.D. = Piled Higher and Deeper
“B. S. DEGREE”?
Luann en Español