Lisa Benson, who was one of the loudest voices calling for impeachment of Bill Clinton for lying about CONSENSUAL oral copulation (that he did not pay illegal hush money to cover up), is now whining about investigating serious crimes of Donald Trump?
• Emoluments and nepotism violations
• Obstruction of justice — ten specific incidents identified as rising to the level of obstruction by Mueller, and several more in his blanket orders to obstruct lawful subpoenas
• 140 documented instances that Mueller described as “links” or “cooperation” or “coordination” between the Trump 2016 campaign and Russians (but which he could not describe as “collusion” only because it is not a legal term, or “conspiracy” because of a Nixon era Dept of Justice opinion prohibiting indictment of a sitting president.
• Use of unsecure iPhones and other unsecure communications in handling sensitive TOP SECRET intelligence
• And, oh yeah, I remember how outraged Lisa and other conservatives were when Bill Clinton replaced his White House travel office with travel personnel he was used to working with. Trump can fire an Attorney General or try to fire a respected investigator investigating him, but Clinton could not fire a travel agent?
• Trying to decide which is worse — lying about a personal consensual encounter in the Oval Office, or TRUMP GIVING CLASSIFIED TOP SECRETS TO THE RUSSIANS (Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov [counterpart to our Secretary of State] and Ambassador to the U.S. Sergei Kislyak) … IN THE OVAL OFFICE (covered by Russian news media while American media were barred) the day after HE OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE by firing James Comey because of “the Russia thing” (as he admitted to Lester Holt on national TV)
The double standard hypocrisy astounds.