1 He’s going to need that change for his next cigar.
2 Got to protect his investment.
3 Always remember to tip your waiter.
1. Try looking for the coin too, Bozo.
2. Gots to keep the rain wear dry.
3. That’s what you’re worth, you polished flirt.
TWO Umbrella Men??
Wouldn’t want that seegar to get drownded out!
The concept of money and funds permeates today’s comics in my mind:
1. Bozo is at first delighted, then perplexed, thinking “What the hell?” when he realizes he followed the sound of the coin he dropped…. and thought he found the bill….. but where did the coin go? Perhaps it was a prescient “David Copperfield” moment?!?!?
2. Bozo is pleased with himself seeing how good he looks in his new and pricey rain gear/slicker duds! He leaves to show off his new “fashion plate” self to the world… but then he realizes the weather has gone afoul…. and grabs an umbrella to keep his new look pristine!
3. Not quite sure if I am getting the third one today…. the fancy fellow…. who at first glance appears to be moving in on Bozo’s girl…. is then treated like a waiter with the giving of a meager tip by Bozo as he leaves with his pretty lady. But… was the fancy fellow a waiter all along? If so, what were his motives with the lady? If he was just a fancy, rogue interloper though…. then the lady must have pleasant and true intentions for Bozo and was able to ignore the fancy fellow’s advances. Not quite sure how to read this.
1. Nothing like the sound of a cold hard dollar bill.
2. Umbrella guy closed his umbrella in the rain, Bozo is not that silly.
3. Bozo leaves a low tip for a low life cad.
2. Panel 3 Looks like Umbrella Guy is holding out his hand to feel whether it’s raining hard enough to bother opening his umbrella….
Or … every other time we’ve seen him he’s had his umbrella open and it wasn’t raining. Now that it is raining, he closes it?
Maybe he doesn’t want his umbrella to get wet?
Two out of three unopened umbrella guy cartoons but Bozo opened his in one so it works out.