B.C. by Mastroianni and Hart for December 21, 2016

  1. Img 20211208 115937
    David Huie Green-ToChargeForTruthIsToPayForLies  over 5 years ago

    no permit needed until permits required

     •  Reply
  2. Little b
    Dani Rice  over 5 years ago

    Actually, many varieties of mistletoe are toxic to both humans and pets.

     •  Reply
  3. Mr haney
    NeedaChuckle Premium Member over 5 years ago

    Permits are about the state making money and nothing else.

     •  Reply
  4. Jerry lakehead
    jtviper7  over 5 years ago

    i didn’t know that mistletoe had stems and seeds…

     •  Reply
  5. Missing large
    sandflea  over 5 years ago

    Hand a sprig on the back of your pants and bend over.

     •  Reply
  6. Beer o clock
    Doug Taylor Premium Member over 5 years ago

    Christmas fruit cake should need a permit too. After all as a building material it’s practically indestructible!

     •  Reply
  7. Avatar
    neverenoughgold  over 5 years ago

    Smoke ’em if you got ’em…

     •  Reply
  8. Dragon
    Asharah  over 5 years ago

    I heard mistletoe used to be used to induce abortions.

     •  Reply
  9. Img 20211208 115937
    David Huie Green-ToChargeForTruthIsToPayForLies  over 5 years ago

    “How poisonous is ingestion of American mistletoe? One study examined the outcomes of 1754 American mistletoe exposures. The overwhelming majority of exposures occurred during the Christmas season when American mistletoe is used decoratively. Children accounted for 92% of these cases, and 96% of all exposures were by swallowing. The vast majority of patients had no symptoms and there were no fatalities, including the 72 people who swallowed mistletoe on purpose.”

    .

    “Another study described 92 American mistletoe exposures (mostly very young children) reported to three poison control centers. Ingestions of up to 20 berries and five leaves were reported. In cases where five or more berries were consumed, none of the patients had symptoms. Three of the 11 patients who swallowed 1-5 leaves developed gastrointestinal upset. One child had a seizure, but it could not be clearly connected to mistletoe. The study concluded that symptoms are uncommon even in large ingestions of American mistletoe.”

    .

    “It appears that American Phoradendron mistletoe is less toxic than the European species Viscum album. The literature on the European variety includes reports of serious poisonings and deaths, usually due to excessive concentrated herbal use such as brewing mistletoe in tea. V. album is not native to or sold in the US, but it could be privately imported.”

    http://www.poison.org/articles/2015-dec/mistletoe

     •  Reply
Sign in to comment

More From B.C.