How do you sleep thru a 4A, double exclamation pointed, multicolored, all uppercase, oversized BRAAAAP!!?
Hint: Clara sleeps with the fishes (in this case Landshark Lager)
P.S. My favorite part was the indotherms above the pipes.
True story: My first ex had a dachshund named Wally. I lost visitation rights post divorce because I kept company with women of questionable virtue.
P.S. I may be dreaming, but haven’t we seen that knob before?
THIS JUST IN FROM THE GOCOMICS’ NEWSROOM!
THE COVETED SHERPANATOR GROANIE AWARD FOR 2017 …
previously awarded to …
STILL THE BELL OF THE BALL for …. Bark Bagel ….. (groooooaaaan….)
has been rescinded, renamed and regifted to …
NIGHTHAWKS (!) for today’s Cleo & Company
[insert bells, whistles, balloons, confetti, those New Years Eve noisemaker thingies that you blow into and the end rolls out and it sounds like an out of tune kazoo, etc.,
If you have 9 sheep and 2 heifers, in Arkansas* you don’t need a wife.
* Motto: 3 Million People, 15 Last Names
FWMAGALG – Oh, you’ll definitely see that again.
The visage on the chair is Sylvia Plath* looking for a little hut action.
* It’s possible that’s not Sylvia Plath. I just like to say, “Sylvia Plath.”
!! THIS CLEO REMINDS ME OF A CLOWN !!
(the good kind – not the scary kind)
Saturday Puzzle Non Solution
1. Top panel: Gocomics Newsroom spins off Sherpa Newsroom, hires new spokesbitch and experiments with color news bulletins. Bottom panel: Nighthawks’ “old guys” lunch group ditched martinis for tabs of acid this week.
2. Top: Dominant color scheme is purpley. Bottom: Dominant color scheme is lavenderish.
3. Top: Cleo got her face painted at Jazz Fest in New Orleans. Bottom: Cleo got her face painted at today’s Gay Pride parade in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
4. Top: The swirly thingie below and to the left of Cleo’s nose is an optical illusion. Bottom: The swirly thingie? “Paint Your Face To Look Like Salvador Dali Day” – MAJOR FAIL.
5. Top: Today’s Guest Artist? Leonid Afremov’s dog, Motley. Bottom: Today’s Guest Artist? Dean Russo.
6-9. Highly technical. Only Princess Perkycat the Mysterious,* MontanaLady the Color Czarina, StelBel the Queen of All Things Purplie (but most decidedly NOT Purpley or Lavenderish), and SusanSunshine the Original California Girl, would understand.
* Just what is it about you that is so Perky?
P.S. I just read @Still the Bell of the Ball’s confession, er, acceptance speech, supra. Apparently it was her Far Western Massachusetts’s All Girl Artist’s Lunch Group that ditched martinis for LSD. I apologize for the error.
My favorite part was the parenthetical reference to “WWI” (clearly implying that SOMEONE feels some of her readers (I’m looking at you, Radish) are to stoopid to determine on their own which trench war was fought from 1914-1918).
My favorite part was the Sthinx.