Good morning, Vagabonds. Today I have an appointment with the cardiologist to see why I’m out of breath when I walk just a few blocks or up the subway stairs.
Here’s the James Bond quiz I told you about that I found in the Metro newspaper. I’ll post the answers tomorrow unless you all want me to post them at the end of the day (I myself would not be able to answer a SINGLE one of these:
‘Now pay attention, 007!’
1. What drink does bond order in the poker scene in “Casino Royale” (2006)?a. Vodka Martini, shaken not stirredb. The Vesper: Three measures of Gordon’s gin; one of vodka; half a measure of Kina Lillet vermouth. Shake it over ice, add a slice of lemon peel.c. Death in the afternoon: 3 tablespoons of absinthe, 1/2 cup of Champagned. Rum and coke
2. Which was the first Bond film to feature the famous Aston Martin DB5?a. “From Russia With Love” (1963)b. “Goldfinger” (1964)c. “Thunderball” (1965)d. “Diamonds Are Forever” (1971)
3. Which Bond movie sees 007 wear a Scottish kilt, meet some brainwashed beauties and get married?a. “Dr. No” (1961)b. “Goldfinger” (1964)c. “Thunderball” (1965)d. “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” (1969)
4. In “Live and Let die” (1973), how does Bond kill drug-trafficking bad guy Kananga (aka Mr. Big)?a. Poisons him with a dart gunb. Throws him in the Louisiana bayou, then eaten by crocodilesc. Forces a shark gun pellet into Kananga’s mouth, causing him to blow up like a balloon and exploded. Falls ina coffin filled with snakes and dies from venomous snakebites.
5. In “Die Another Day” (2002), which celebrity cameos as a fencing instructor?a. Tina Turnerb. Britney Spearsc. J.K. Rowlingd. Madonna