Michael Ramirez by Michael Ramirez

Michael Ramirez

Comments (13) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. edclectic

    edclectic said, over 3 years ago

    This is nothing new…

  2. Jase99

    Jase99 GoComics PRO Member said, over 3 years ago

    “The Verizon guy. Thanks Verizon guy for setting up a network for O to spy on us all.”

    No, he set it up for W. O merely took over where W left off. Nothing has changed. Why is it a scandal now, and not when it was originally authorized?

  3. John Locke

    John Locke said, over 3 years ago


    This is such a juvenile response. “Johnny did it, too.” Bush has nothing to do with taking care of the problem now. When a mistake is first made it is sometimes hard to spot. Now, let’s take care of this.

  4. jack75287

    jack75287 said, over 3 years ago

    This is nothing new but lets face it, it is coming to ahead. The real reason this is coming out now is all the other scandals, people are worried for their freedoms and don’t trust the government after GSA, IRS, DOJ on two counts, IRS again and now the NSA. Don’t blame people at all.

  5. edclectic

    edclectic said, over 3 years ago

    Very good question.

  6. I Play One On TV

    I Play One On TV said, over 3 years ago


    “Why is it a scandal now, and not when it was originally authorized?”

    Good question. I say that because I’ve been asking that for years. I no longer expect an answer.

    When all is said and done, though, it doesn’t matter. We, the people, made a mistake in giving the government all the spying powers they wanted. While it is strange that it has taken this long for conservatives to wake up to that fact, the best course is to welcome them to our way of thinking, and be glad that we’re now more together on this. We all hang together or we all hang separately.

    History will show the Bush administration in its true light. It is time for us to concentrate on the clean-up, rather than the cause.

    What can we do? Write to your “representatives” early and often. Remember that 90% of the US wanted better background checks, but the other 10% made their wishes known so loudly and so often that they prevailed. Congressmen don’t care about the occasional note, no matter how well stated. But they understand strength in numbers, and the more we let them know we’re unhappy, the better chance we have of change. And if not, it’s time for term limits: vote for their opponent at the next election.

  7. jack75287

    jack75287 said, over 3 years ago

    I hate to admit it but every now and then USAToday comes up with something worth reading, sales of 1984 is up 6000%:


  8. jack75287

    jack75287 said, over 3 years ago

    It is amazing that it is the left that says sexual preferences shouldn’t matter but they are the first to bring it up.

  9. d_legendary1 Demands Dr.C's Release

    d_legendary1 Demands Dr.C's Release said, over 3 years ago

    @John Locke

    BUSH SET THIS UP IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!! Get it through your right wingnut filled head! Now that a Democrat is in office and is doing the exact same thing the Republican did during his tenure, why is anyone surprised that this is going on?

  10. jack75287

    jack75287 said, over 3 years ago

    @d_legendary1 Demands Dr.C's Release

    We all know what was happening, it is all the other scandals coming up that has everybody wondering about their freedoms and they are right to be worried.

    Bush did not set this up, it started in 78 under Carter. Look it up. Back then that was all they could record was time, place of call and the receiving number.

  11. pirate227

    pirate227 said, over 3 years ago

    Phone records not wire taps, oh yeah, facts don’t matter to Ramirez.

  12. 1BiGl3dFo0tS

    1BiGl3dFo0tS GoComics PRO Member said, over 3 years ago

    Ms. Ima, until you can admit the role that Bush, et.al took in using the system of acquiring Metadata (mostly simple tracking of numbers and call directions, locations, only looking at actual communications when a warrant request is approved by a court) there is no point in trying to blame Obama.

    Had Obama said to us, "I’m tossing the NSA system of tracking phone, email traffic and such to find potential terrorists, you and the other Baggers would have exploded in rage and called him a sympathizer with the terrorists. The GOP almost to a person supported the Patriot act and the results about which you are bleating today—just a bit hypocritical, I’d say.

  13. 1BiGl3dFo0tS

    1BiGl3dFo0tS GoComics PRO Member said, over 3 years ago

    Oh, yeah, I forgot. Since the IRS Service Manager, a self identified conservative Republican admitted that he was responsible for the decision to look specifically at groups with “tea party” and “patriot” in their names, and we now know that Obama and the administration had nothing to do with it—when do you and Ramirez apologize to Obama and Co.?

    Oh, I know: When hell freezes over.

  14. Refresh Comments.