Matt Davies by Matt Davies

Matt Davies

Comments (22) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. Stipple

    Stipple said, almost 3 years ago

    It was a good dream.
    But for everyone to enjoy it would have taken teamwork, you know, red and yellow, black and white, just like the song.

  2. Robert Landers

    Robert Landers said, almost 3 years ago

    I would really like to think that teamwork still exists within the American people themselves. However, as for our supposed leadership from both sides of the political spectrum……

  3. Stipple

    Stipple said, almost 3 years ago

    OK, my color mixes were short, red and blue need to be on the team as well.

  4. BrassOrchid

    BrassOrchid GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    We have a blueprint. We have very precise and accurate engineering. Our original vision was a model to be emulated. Actual construction and maintenance, however, was carried out by the three branches of Stooge-ism, Howard, Fine and Howard, rather than the three equal branches of government as required in the plans.
    On the other hand, I worked in a union shop where everyone got the same pay, except the people who regularly missed days and used all their sick leave and vacation as quickly as they earned it. Many of these, though not all, happened to be female. I fear that if we were better people, we would be a better people.

  5. Gresch

    Gresch said, almost 3 years ago

    …and a complete inability to defend their own borders.

  6. kamwick

    kamwick said, almost 3 years ago

    @MStevenson, it seems thou doth protest a bit too much..LOL…they are 100% energy independent, don’t NEED to sit on their fat arses in cars (their public transport is superior, plus they aren’t lazy and actually LIKE to use their leg power to get around). Increased costs for polluting vehicles is actually an effective way to reduce their use while forcing folks to use less deadly alternatives. Unless you think less pollution and healthier workforce is a bad thing. Chances are that the Danes don’t have macho train engineers that brag about speeding on Facebook, either.

    Trains are safer than cars. You know that but don’t want to admit it:

    @David, I’ve met quite a few Danes in my life. Every one spoke perfect English, and weirdly, had very little accent. I have no idea why that is, but found it to be true.

  7. JmcaRice

    JmcaRice GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    Denmark also controls its borders strictly. There are very few legal and undodumented immigrants in that country. This makes it easier (along with high taxes on everything) to ‘spread the wealth’.

  8. Northern Redman

    Northern Redman said, almost 3 years ago

    According to 2012 figures from Statistics Denmark, 89.6% of Denmark’s population of 5,580,516 was of Danish descent. Many of the remaining 10.4% were immigrants—or descendants of recent immigrants—near half of whom are from the neighboring Scandinavian countries and Germany.

    I think I see a pattern here.

  9. dtroutma

    dtroutma GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    On the issue of bicycles and “transportation”, my COUNTY is equal in area to 63% of the NATION of Denmark. Our population’s income average is about 60% below the national median income. Income inequality is rather dramatic, like in much of the U.S. as compared to Denmark.

    “Lifestyles” ARE different . Of course Denmark has roughly six million people on their land base, while my county has around 6,000, that’s a tad different also.

  10. dtriedel

    dtriedel GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    Point being, if they can do it. . . .

  11. foofinho

    foofinho said, almost 3 years ago

    Denmark is a nice place. It is not, however, the American dream. At least not the American dream I am familiar with.

  12. Gary Williams

    Gary Williams GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    @neocon man
    what in the hell are you smoking, some of us have to suffer, there is enough wealth in this country that we all could live well. we did until the 1980’s and Ronald Reagan.

  13. ahab

    ahab GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    @Gary Williams

    Romney and those he flocks with don’t care about your suffering. The GOPers only cater to the 1%, and Tea Party fanaticism.

  14. chromosome

    chromosome GoComics PRO Member said, almost 3 years ago

    That works fine as long as YOU are part of the upper caste!

  15. Gresch

    Gresch said, almost 3 years ago

    glad you can read a map… you left out the Frisians…

    but it is more the neo-minorities that appear to be “sucking the welfare state” dry from within…

  16. Load the rest of the comments (7).