Matt Davies by Matt Davies

Matt Davies

Recommended

Comments (8) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. dtroutma

    dtroutma GoComics PRO Member said, about 1 year ago

    Just cut from all programs, in all the “Red state”, that take more from the feds than they pay in in taxes. The whining will be loud enough to drive off all the meteors and asteroids from our atmosphere.

  2. MortyForTyrant

    MortyForTyrant said, about 1 year ago

    i am not an economist. I am not a politician. I am not a business owner. But here is my view:

    -

    If you cut “across the board” nobody knows what that actually will mean to them. If you lay out specific cuts a lot of people will wail (and send their lobbyists) but – over all – the cuts are more handleable.

    -

    So, whoever came up with “across the board” is a coward. You want cuts? Stand up to them, like VP Paul Ryan! Oh, well, ahhh, right…

  3. BrassOrchid

    BrassOrchid GoComics PRO Member said, about 1 year ago

    There are no cuts. The budgets of specific portions of the government will increase by 11% instead of by 12%. If one were to diet in this fashion, one should die from diabetes, heart disease or inability to leave one’s bed to obtain drinking water due to door width restrictions.
    It is all theater, sound and fury signifying nothing. We have not had a real budget passed since Obama took office, skating by on continuing resolutions, the current implementation of which will expire in a few short weeks, regardless of Sequestration. Just watch the confrontation and never mind the cutpurse sleazing up beside you.

  4. ninety_nine_percent

    ninety_nine_percent said, about 1 year ago

    The Republican Party would rather destroy the economy than ask for money from the radical rich. Just who is the Republican Party representing? Not the middle class, only the people bribe them — the wealthy. When the GOP destroys the economy again, remember to thank the wealthy who are forcing the politicians into this mess. Our society, our government, and our financial institutions only serve the wealthy. Everyone else can go to hell.

  5. Tigger

    Tigger GoComics PRO Member said, about 1 year ago

    Sequestration was Obama’s Idea, he demeaned Congress pass the bill, they did and he inked the bill and now blames Republicans.

  6. BrassOrchid

    BrassOrchid GoComics PRO Member said, about 1 year ago

    @ninety_nine_percent

    There is no ninety-nine percent. At last count, it was more like 47%. I suppose if one counts government employees as not paying taxes, since it is not really new revenue, then one might get to 70% who aren’t actually paying taxes and believe the remaining 30% need to pay more until the government has all the wealth, which is its right by the beliefs of some.

  7. MortyForTyrant

    MortyForTyrant said, about 1 year ago

    There is another word they like: “Secession”! It must have been the “Hollywood Connection” that got “Lincoln” on the screens just in time :-)

  8. churchillwasright

    churchillwasright said, about 1 year ago

    @BrassOrchid

    Your post get the A+. People need to understand Baseline Budgeting. Until they do— and the sycophantic media refuses to even broach the topic— we are doomed.

    I especially enjoyed your description of our politicians as “cutpurse”, which I had to look up. Definition (for both the lazy and the low information voter): pickpocket.

  9. Refresh Comments.