Kevin Kallaugher by Kevin Kallaugher

Kevin Kallaugher

Comments (25) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. nighthawks

    nighthawks GoComics PRO Member said, over 2 years ago

    Boehner’s hand is aces and eights

  2. Chillbilly

    Chillbilly said, over 2 years ago

    The right has brazenly, repeatedly, cruelly and loudly foisted their now-debunked economic ideals on the country for three decades. Only a smattering of easily duped, angry suburban and rural people—used by the rich as stooges—still buy this silliness. They have nothing left anymore except old white men and their chattel wives who want everyone to worship Jesus the way that their crazy fundamentalist pastor wants us to worship Jesus.
    .
    That’s the deck you rightnicks are working with. Good luck.

  3. M Ster

    M Ster said, over 2 years ago

    @Ms. Ima

    Obama is proposing tax increases only on the top 2%, WHICH IS NOT EVERYONE. Even FOX News isn’t saying this, so where do you get this stuff??

    And Boehner is protecting the top 2% MUCH, MUCH more so than he is protecting the other 98% (so guys like Romney can continue to pay 14% on $20+ million).

  4. Gresch

    Gresch said, over 2 years ago

    oh England ….do you not remember that we revolted over being taxed too much when King George held all the aces…

  5. cjr53

    cjr53 said, over 2 years ago

    @Gresch

    Seems to me that a key point was taxation without representation. Americans received nothing for their tax money then.
    .
    Americans receive benefits for their tax moneys now. Including spending huge amounts on wars in foreign lands, including investing the lives of thousands of young Americans.
    .
    I do not see your comparison being equal in any way.

  6. Kylop

    Kylop said, over 2 years ago

    Clark, let’s say Boehner steps down. Who do you think will be next? A “moderate” Republican? Do you really you will like that person?

  7. dtroutma

    dtroutma GoComics PRO Member said, over 2 years ago

    Boehner only plays three card monte, which is of course a con. If he leaves, Cantor could step up? THAT is not progress by any definition.

  8. braindead08

    braindead08 GoComics PRO Member said, over 2 years ago

    @Ms. Ima

    “O want’s to take it all from everyone. Boehner wants people to keep what they earn.”
    -
    You honest-to-God believe that?

  9. Harleyquinn

    Harleyquinn GoComics PRO Member said, over 2 years ago

    Problem is Obama keeps saying “go fish” Boehner only has a three of a kind. When B tries to lay his hand down Obama chimes in with “Hit me, 21 I win”

  10. Harleyquinn

    Harleyquinn GoComics PRO Member said, over 2 years ago

    Hey I have an idea. Obama could have passed his own budget. You know like he was to do by law the last three years. Let me see, the elephant has passed and voted on how many budgets? Obama has what 0 votes on any budget in the last 3 years?

  11. mickey1339

    mickey1339 GoComics PRO Member said, over 2 years ago

    @Chillbilly

    “They have nothing left anymore except old white men and their chattel wives who want everyone to worship Jesus the way that their crazy fundamentalist pastor wants us to worship Jesus.”

    Out of fairness I do believe 48% of the popular vote is a little more than “a smattering” of the population…

  12. Gresch

    Gresch said, over 2 years ago

    @cjr53

    Then you would be happy that the “unequal” representation progressive tax monies went to fund the Civil War, WWI, WWII, etc..

    since you appear not to be a British Subject why are you defending this “over taxation”?

    ….expecting gifts from the “dear leader” for your votes?

  13. mickey1339

    mickey1339 GoComics PRO Member said, over 2 years ago

    @Mr. King

    “Why does everyone here ignore the issue – the automatic cuts and increases that happen Jan 1, 2013.”

    I for one, a Libertarian by persuasion, say let the tax increases set in and make the cuts! The resulting economic effect is just a down payment for what is going to be in store for America to be able to get back to balanced budgets and controlled spending. Nobody on either side is suggesting any serious spending cuts because everything they suggest will impact a voting block for them and would fire up the lobbyists to catastrophic levels.

  14. pirate227

    pirate227 said, over 2 years ago

    Even with the backup Boehner is outgunned.

  15. vwdualnomand

    vwdualnomand said, over 2 years ago

    i don’t know how he leads his party. he can’t control them. he has opportunist bastards planning for his fall from speakership. plus, pressure and lack of support from the rnc. external pressures from the corporate backers, wealthy right-wingers, religious fundamentalists, gun lobby, and the superpacs. surprised he hasn’t developed health issues(ulcers,acid reflux,paranoia, etc…)

  16. Load the rest of the comments (10).