Fred Basset by Alex Graham

Fred Basset

Comments (12) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. Katiekicks

    Katiekicks said, over 3 years ago

    Before anyone starts questioning this:
    Choc-drops are NOT chocolate. It’s a British dog treat.

  2. mischugenah

    mischugenah said, over 3 years ago


    I have wondered, so thank you

  3. Linda Doyle

    Linda Doyle said, over 3 years ago

    Well when I was young they where chocolate drops for dogs, like kids chocolate buttons, I remember them well

  4. Dr Dave

    Dr Dave said, over 3 years ago

    The secret of dog training…

  5. AndiK

    AndiK said, over 3 years ago

    Milk chocolate(which is what most chocolate is) isn’t as bad for them. It’s the dark chocolate and bakers chocolate and cocoa that are worse because they have a higher amount of theobromine. It would take 20 ounces of milk chocolate to kill a 20-pound dog, but only 2 ounces of baker’s chocolate or 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate.
    BTW theobromine is also in coffee, tea and cola. So don’t give your dog those either.
    My dog once ate a whole package of “chocolate” muffins and he was fine. And yes we did call the vet to be sure and did keep an eye on him.

  6. pekenpug

    pekenpug said, over 3 years ago

    David_42, your dog was a very lucky pooch. The amount of chocolate that’s dangerous varies with the percentage of chocolate in the product. Baking chocolate and the currently popular high-percentage chocolates are very dangerous. A lot also depends on the age and size of the dog who eats them.

  7. Anona Mouse

    Anona Mouse GoComics PRO Member said, over 3 years ago

    One of ours once ate a whole milk chocolate Easter egg, including some of the foil wrapping and a lot of the cardboard box. It was a children’s egg, so not huge or dark. Even so, she wasn’t anxious for her next meal – although she was hungry enough by the one after!

  8. chayasnana

    chayasnana said, over 3 years ago

    I had a golden retriever that ate some chocolate, I think it was Halloween candy that one of my kids had left out, and after that he had seizures.

  9. Saucy1121

    Saucy1121 GoComics PRO Member said, over 3 years ago

    Ah yes. Will do anything for treats. How well I know that attitude.

  10. byamrcn

    byamrcn said, over 3 years ago


    Thanks for the heads-up; did not know that.

  11. Tigerchik32

    Tigerchik32 said, over 3 years ago

    Well, I bet it depends on the dog’s size, but I wouldn’t risk it anyway.

  12. AmyGrantfan51774

    AmyGrantfan51774 said, over 3 years ago

    I remember my Aunt Bea’s dog Max drinking beer it didn’t hurt him but it was funny : )

  13. Refresh Comments.