I've loved and read comics since I was little. Studies say people who read the comics before they read the news live longer. Then, you read the news and you don't want to live longer. That's where pets come in. I founded Tails of Joy 20 years ago so everyone could rescue a pet to read comics with. Comics are such an amazing art form; they mirror us, and sometimes they lead the way. They are little daily works of art. I am so happy animal rescue and advocacy have come into the mainstream, supported by so many great cartoonists. I could have listed a thousand cartoons with no trouble.
Special thanks to our rescue angel Wiley Miller for helping us raise thousands for animal rescue with his great art and great heart.
1. This touchingly depicts how rescue works both ways. Who rescued whom? Our auction of this will save so many more lives.
2. Marmaduke is so great at showing the challenges of family life with a big dog, always keeping it positive. I know every child wants Marmaduke. The comics are a great way to get children interested in what the world is about.
3. This is exactly what every rescuer really wants to say! Actually, I'd add &*%@#@!!
4. This is the beauty of what the comics do so well; heart, soul, humanity, all with one sentence and one drawing.
5. Anyone who has had a Labrador knows this sight.