Clay Bennett by Clay Bennett

Clay Bennett

Comments (26) (Please sign in to comment)

  1. Jim Guess

    Jim Guess said, about 3 years ago

    Bennett is the most jealous cartoonist I have ever read.

    I only come here to laugh at his total stupidity.

  2. 2011worldchamps

    2011worldchamps said, about 3 years ago

    Tell me a time in the history of our world, when the 1% didn’t control the other 99%.

  3. lonecat

    lonecat said, about 3 years ago

    @2011worldchamps

    No point trying to improve things, then.

  4. pirate227

    pirate227 said, about 3 years ago

    Making money? No.
    Equating money to free speech? Yes.

  5. Bruce4671

    Bruce4671 said, about 3 years ago

    That is just an out and out lie Doc. And you know better……

  6. 2011worldchamps

    2011worldchamps said, about 3 years ago

    @lonecat

    Then it won’t be an improvement to those in control……..you get the idea.

  7. Rockngolfer

    Rockngolfer said, about 3 years ago

    You never heard of Citizens United?
    It was in the news the last couple of years.

  8. Rockngolfer

    Rockngolfer said, about 3 years ago

    I have been expecting a cartoon about how President Obama is putting solar panels on the White House.
    Remember Carter put solar panels up in 1979 and St. Reagan removed them in 1986.

  9. indieme

    indieme GoComics PRO Member said, about 3 years ago

    @Rockngolfer

    Carter was trying to ween us off of oil. Think what a great world this would have been if he had succeeded!

  10. braindead08

    braindead08 GoComics PRO Member said, about 3 years ago

    It is astonishing how comfortable Republicans/Fox “news” viewers are with how unevenly wealth is distributed in this country.
    =
    They seem to have only two answers: Give even more tax breaks to the already wealthy. And if those people who are born into poverty would just work hard enough, they’d be just as rich as Romney.
    =
    Oh, and of course express hatred of Obama — that’s mandatory for them if they take part in any discussion.

  11. dtroutma

    dtroutma GoComics PRO Member said, about 3 years ago

    Clay nails it, again, but sadly all parties, including Demos, Libertarians, and even independents are also more strongly influenced by $$ than the people. Well, you know, those “citizens united persons” do count more than those with blood flowing in their veins.

  12. Rockngolfer

    Rockngolfer said, about 3 years ago

    @indieme

    You got that right.
    We would have less arguing about pipelines and oil spills.
    Not to mention climate change.
    But the oil companies can buy all of the politicians they want.

  13. cjr53

    cjr53 said, about 3 years ago

    Ask a rich person to mow your lawn or build your next widget.

  14. motivemagus

    motivemagus said, about 3 years ago

    “As one digs deeper into the national character of the Americans, one sees that they have sought the value of everything in this world only in the answer to this single question: how much money will it bring in?”
    Letter to Ernest de Chabrol, 9 June 1831 Tocqueville Reader, p. 41
    “I know of no country, indeed, where the love of money has taken stronger hold on the affections of men, and where the profounder contempt is expressed for the theory of the permanent equality of property.”
    Chapter III, Part I, Democracy in America
    Alexis de Tocqueville

  15. Uncle Joe

    Uncle Joe GoComics PRO Member said, about 3 years ago

    “George Washington was obsessed with wealth and position as a younger man, but fate and his strong sense of duty seemed transform him. He later refused pay to run the Continental Army. This also reminds me of the Gallup Happiness Poll. Poor Haitians are happier than Americans.”

    Washington could easily afford to General for free. Many soldiers were discharged after the war, but never received pay either. A bunch of those soldiers returned home to find they were being sued by their not so patriotic creditors. Shay’s Rebellion was the biggest of the outbursts by angry veterans who were never paid for their service.

    Anyone who wants to jump in & defend Washington can do so. He wasn’t the one responsible for figuring out how to pay the soldiers’ their wages, but history doesn’t make him seem like he had any sympathy for his former men at the time.

    Your link doesn’t work for me, but I’m guessing this is what you saw?

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/159254/latin-americans-positive-world.aspx

    Haitians rank pretty low in happiness according to this one. Latin Americans rank happiest, despite having relatively low incomes.

  16. Load the rest of the comments (11).